1. Exclamation [HELP] Opera Mini 4.2 and 5.1 not working!

Hey guys!

I have Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition, and I've been surfing the web on it for almost a month now, using Opera Mini 4.2 and 5.1. Opera Mobile 10 also works on it, but I prefer using the mini browsers.

But for the last 2 days, both the mini browsers do not seem to connect to the internet.

This is the error message I get:

Failed to connect to the internet. Go to Log in to see links with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for internet settings.

So what should I do? I've already tried tweaking the settings of the browsers as well as the settings of my cell. But nothing seems to work! Checked out MANY tutorials on Google... Still can't get the browsers to open a single web page!

P.S. Opera Mobile 10 still works and so does the built-in browser.

Please someone help me!

Thank You!!!
    Last edited by GamerGal; 04-10-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal Log in to see links
    Hey guys!

I have Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition, and I've been surfing the web on it for almost a month now, using Opera Mini 4.2 and 5.1. Opera Mobile 10 also works on it, but I prefer using the mini browsers.

But for the last 2 days, both the mini browsers do not seem to connect to the internet.

This is the error message I get:

Failed to connect to the internet. Go to Log in to see links with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for internet settings.

So what should I do? I've already tried tweaking the settings of the browsers as well as the settings of my cell. But nothing seems to work! Checked out MANY tutorials on Google... Still can't get the browsers to open a single web page!

P.S. Opera Mobile 10 still works and so does the built-in browser.

Please someone help me!

Thank You!!!
    I've had that before with Opera 4.2. As with you, my built in browser worked perfectly.

Many forum searches later and I still didn't have an answer.
    Couldn't use it for a week, and then it just started working again.
    So I don't have any real advice except to maybe wait it out.

Since it started working again it is EXTREMELY slow on startup, but other than that it works fine.

3. Default

Thanks Noxide!!!!!!!!!! +rep when I can!

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal Log in to see links
    Thanks Noxide!!!!!!!!!! +rep when I can!
    This happens to me as well several times.. But the reason is internet congestion!None of my browser neither in-built nor operamini 4.2 is working right now,i called at customer care no. of my service provider they said it is temporary!

But i ur case inbuilt browser along with operamini 10 is working.So, i will suggest u to download 4.2 or 5.1 from opera mini's offical website by selecting ur phone model..

5. Default

Ok... strangely... my mini browsers started working yesterday after I made the above post. But now they don't work again.

Opera is really screwing up its services.

I think I should just let it go... Maybe it is temporary...

Request to admins! Please close this thread, as there's no solution to this problem.

Thank you both: Noxide and Battuji!