Page 75 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

The new Williams FW31. This thing is even uglier than the Ferrari.
    The only car that looks decent so far is, sadly, the McLaren...

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

The BMW Sauber F1.09

001.jpg

002.jpg

Here it is alongside the car from last year.

003.jpg

So the McLaren is the best looking car so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Log in to see links
    So the McLaren is the best looking car so far?
    In my opinion yes. But the BMW doesn't look too bad either.

5. Default

They all SUCK if you ask me!
    They look like the F1 cars from the 80's
    Last edited by DipShyt; 21-01-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DipShyt Log in to see links
    They all SUCK if you ask me!
    They look like the F1 cars from the 80's
    Indeed. Couldn't have said it better myself!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    I haven't looked at this yet - it's rather nice....

I still don't like Mclaren though.

Still ugly, but at least it sort of resembles an F1 car.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    Still ugly, but at least it sort of resembles an F1 car.
    You'll probably find they did something illegal then... the whole point is to change F1 cars into bumper cars in the next 5 years isn't it?

bumpercars.jpg
    (I've only been able to find the Ferrari & the Renault unfortunately)

10. Default

BMW's Robert Kubica fears Formula 1's new-look, wide front wings could trigger some serious accidents in the heat of battle
    The driver can't see the wings from the cockpit

Kubica, who had a near-miraculous escape from a huge crash in Canada in 2007, said after trying out his team's new F1.09 car in Spain on Tuesday that the wings posed particular problems.

They're part of comprehensive aerodynamic changes made so cars can overtake but they're also 400mm wider and lower than previously and the driver can't see them from the cockpit.

Kubica said: "We have to be really careful with this huge front wing, wider than the tyres - not only at the first corner but especially when you think you have overtaken the guy and you close the line.

"Now you can easily take off his wing. This wing is huge and it will go under the car."

Kubica's Montreal crash was caused when he made contact with Jarno Trulli's Toyota
    Luciano Burti's Prost penetrated the tyre barriers at Spa in 2001
    . The BMW's front wing sheared, the car lifted off and slammed into a concrete wall and cartwheeled across the track.

Kubica also referred to Brazilian Luciano Burti, whose Prost penetrated the tyre barriers at Spa in 2001 after a collision with former Jaguar team mate Eddie Irvine dislodged his car's front wing.

Burti never raced in F1 again.

Kubica said he had narrowly missed cars in 2008 while braking into the first corner and adjusting to the wider wings would make it even harder to avoid impacts, especially in the first few races.

Team mate Nick Heidfeld agreed the change would take time to get used to: "If you've been in F1 for a couple of years you're used to the old wings.

"I could imagine that in situations where you have to act very quickly without a lot of thinking, when the cars are close together like at the start, we might see a few more touches."

Team boss Mario Theissen said BMW was prepared to build more front wings than ever before.

Under the new regulations, the driver can for the first time adjust the front wing up and down from inside the cockpit.

But Kubica downplayed this: "You might change the wing setting during the lap if you have some problems in some sectors but I don't think it's a powerful tool to increase opportunities for overtaking." - Reuters