Default Sony Ericsson W960 Review

Please post your Sony Ericsson W960 reviews and opinions in this topic.

2. Cool W960 in-depth review

I'm going to review the phone and I can say is... " it's neat".

The W960 is a successor to the W950, and belongs to the Walkman series of phones. It's features include 8 GB of flash memory, UMTS (3G) and WiFi connectivity and an autofocus 3.2 megapixel camera. The phone features a heat sensitive touch screen and an integrated walkman player.[1]

Specifications

Camera

* 3.2 MP (up to 2048x1536), with autofocusing

Networks

* GSM 900/1800/1900 + UMTS 2100, GPRS

Connectivity

* Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
    * A2DP supported
    * USB 2.0
    * Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g(54 mbps)

Storage

* 8 GB, no slot

Dimensions

* 109 x 55 x 16 mm

Operating System

* Symbian 9.1, UIQ 3.0

Display

* 2.6 inches
    * QVGA (240х320 pixels)
    * 262K colors
    * touchscreen

Hardware

* ARM 9 processor at 208 MHz
    * 128 MB RAM
    * 256 MB ROM

As you can see, in it's specs it is pretty neat. Sony Ericsson had gone a long-time pouring millions of features on this phone, that eventually sickens my intellect. The usual high-end Walkman functions are there, Sensme that sense your music based on your mood, TrackID and etc. The music player is very good, giving good basses and whoooping equalizer. It sports an 8 gb storage, but with no card slot, you are stuck with only 4,000 songs. The display is awesome with vibrant colours and huge screen. Wi-fi is decent, it connects with our wireless connection in speedy 4 seconds and web browsing is pretty fair. It is also a 3G/HSDPA phone, so you can access the web without googling yourself with a hotspot. There is only a caveat.. It doesn't support video streaming in YouTube, and without YouTube, we die of fearless hunger, shame for it's denizens of connections.

Probably, one of its primary selling point is a rip-off in our 3G-esus phone, the iPhone's touch screen. But, beware, the touch screen is sluggish compared to the iPhone's. You need a pretty decent stylus to tap on it's display.

For those people who want an excellent music phone with millions of features, go, get it. For those people who want a simple phone, sorry, guys, it is not for you... the touchscreen is crap... but the ability to multi-task consulate this factor.

Pros: Dozens of features, good wi-fi throughput, excellent player, denizens of connections

Cons: NO YOUTUBE support, sluggish touchscreen, features sickens me, pretty big
    Last edited by pee-yaj; 30-11-2008 at 04:18 AM.

3. Cool

I bought W960 before 3 months and is nice BUT in my case the sms have a problem.
    I use the sms regularly and write (say) 15 massages. On the 16 message the application suddenly close and I lose everything.

As you understand this is a real problem for someone to write 50+ words and suddenly to lose everything.

For the other, hand it is the best music player ever.

The user interface is not nice not like nokia's N81.
    There is no clock on the screen when the mobile goes blank like all regular phones have. (Really why ?) The message keypad is very small and tricky (compare it with iphone 3G !!) Sony Ericsson could make it better with many other features but they didn't try hard.

4. Smile w960i

Got it , from a media shop... at first , it was dificult to get along with the OS but 2 days later , piece of cake ... what can i say... gorgeous walkman player...the best i ever seen , sound in headphones rocks your brain , bad touchscreen ... decent camera... the wifi in my case worked fine... but it had moments in wich , even if the signal was full... it surfed real slow , with handbrake on ... overall , good phone for good gadget entuziasts

5. Cool The best phone i ever experienced

Sony Ericsson w960i is just what i need. perfect touch screen, awesome music player. the music player is so good that it rocks me from head to toe! with its headsets on my ear, its so great, i feel like... i cant explain.
    And about the OS, its perfect too! it took me two hours to get used to it.
    with my w960i, messaging is like nothing i experienced before. i send unlimited messages a day(say about 50 to 60), and it works well. The camera, its too cool man! captures each and every moment! you capture a rotating fan with w960i, and you can see that its motionless in the photo! cool huh?
    not only this, supports our most love applications like mig33 and other java apps. web surfing with this, is awesome. even with limited wifi connection, i surf the internet in super-speed. its o good that you will be in love with it within few minutes. the ram, makes it's performance faster than any other mobile. it's mega-bass touch music player lets you into the music, you'll lose yourself in the music with this phone.
    For organized businessmen this phone is very useful. it supports pdf files, txt documents, and has a built in QUICK-OFFICE software, built in PDF reader, and a built in BUSINESS-CARDREADER. its has a super sound recorder which captures the pin-drop-sound. the phones, easy-to-use keypad lets you write messages instanty.
    with sony ericsson w960i, welcome to the world of media.
    thanks sony ericsson, for making such a good phone!!!

6. Thumbs up

i just bought a w960i and am deeply in love with it. perfect touch screen, awesome music player and fascinating camera. this is just what i wanted
    hope you all love it. can text up to 100 messages per day, super speed internet surfing and lovely keypad by which you can text very fast.
    performance is very fast with its super ram
    the perfect phone i have been waiting for!

7. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BorelliS48 Log in to see links
    I bought W960 before 3 months and is nice BUT in my case the sms have a problem.
    I use the sms regularly and write (say) 15 massages. On the 16 message the application suddenly close and I lose everything.

I'm planing to buy one (: