Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Log in to see links
    Laptop wiped itself clean. Lost all my documents, music, pictures, everything.

Still got programs though, so I guess that's come consolation.
    can't you recover them?
    Last edited by nojoum; 30-04-2011 at 04:08 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nojoum Log in to see links
    can't you recover them?
    Nope. Didn't get a chance.
    By the time I'd logged back on, it was wiped clean along with my user account.

3. Default

wiped clean????
    how did that happen!!!!!!!!!!

chance to recover is low!but maybe you get some!

edit:by wiped clean,you mean deleting files and copy files instead of them which makes recover chance low,or you mean my whole hard disk just cleaned?
    Last edited by nojoum; 30-04-2011 at 09:27 PM.

4. Default

wiped clean????
    how did that happen!!!!!!!!!!

chance to recover is low!but maybe you get some!

edit:by wiped clean,you mean deleting files and copy files instead of them which makes recover chance low,or you mean my whole hard disk just cleaned?
    Wish I knew.
    I was having trouble logging into my account, so I just shut it down to reboot it. I noticed it was taking about half an hour to log off, so I just left it to finish. When I logged back on again, Rainmeter was showing that I only had used 60GB of 250GB, which I thought was really odd.
    Then when I got through OS > Windows > Users > Owner > I could find my folders, but there was nothing in any of them. All added up to 0kb.

It's not that bad though. I did mean to clean up my laptop.

5. Default

Wish I knew.
    I was having trouble logging into my account, so I just shut it down to reboot it. I noticed it was taking about half an hour to log off, so I just left it to finish. When I logged back on again, Rainmeter was showing that I only had used 60GB of 250GB, which I thought was really odd.
    Then when I got through OS > Windows > Users > Owner > I could find my folders, but there was nothing in any of them. All added up to 0kb.

It's not that bad though. I did mean to clean up my laptop.
    i think you can recover most of your files if you already hasn't add anything to the drive which files were deleted from!

6. Default

i think you can recover most of your files if you already hasn't add anything to the drive which files were deleted from!
    Too late. They weren't in the recycle bin, and now the file structure where they are has gone as well.
    It doesn't matter that much, I didn't have anything of value on there.

Too late. They weren't in the recycle bin, and now the file structure where they are has gone as well.
    It doesn't matter that much, I didn't have anything of value on there.

I will really cry out loud if I lose my files like this.

Sorry to hear you've lost almost everything.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian Log in to see links

I will really cry out loud if I lose my files like this.

Sorry to hear you've lost almost everything.
    I was more angry than upset. I was just so annoyed that it was a Windows update that had started this stupid problem.

It's alright. I'll just need to start collecting things again. Already started my funny picture folder again.

I was more angry than upset. I was just so annoyed that it was a Windows update that had started this stupid problem.

It's alright. I'll just need to start collecting things again. Already started my funny picture folder again.
    That was why I totally turned off Windows Update on mine. The last one I did was the SP1 installation.

Oh you will be able to fill your laptop again in no time.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian Log in to see links
    That was why I totally turned off Windows Update on mine. The last one I did was the SP1 installation.

Oh you will be able to fill your laptop again in no time.
    That was the one that did it.

There's no point updating now. I'm hoping to get my hands on Windows 8.