View Poll Results: Would you recommend Kung Fu Panda?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 53.49%
  • No

13 15.12%
  • Never Played

27 31.40%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Review: Kung Fu Panda

Kung Fu Panda
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Kung Fu Panda
    Developer: EA
    Publisher: EA
    Release Date: Summer 2008
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Follow the film, Play as good and evil.
    Reviewed on:Nokia 5300, SE k800i

Summary

Prepare for Awesomeness! ON YOUR PHONE! Get the official mobile game based on the characters, locations and storyline of DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda. Check out the unique fighting styles when you play as both Po AND Tai Lung! Train hard as the loveable hero Po to become a legendary Kung Fu master and protect the Valley of Peace. Battle as the villain Tai Lung, the treacherous snow leopard determined to steal the legendary Dragon Scroll. Features an unlockable character!

Review

This week Kung Fu Panda; for some reason I really didnt want to play the game, probably because Ive played so many games like it before, and I guess Im bored of them. But seeming as the movie is set to be a hit; it might make the game popular.

Anyway, on first impressions, graphically Kung Fu Panda, looks very nice, you can tell that EA have taken time on the graphics, great detail in the characters and backgrounds.
    The sound isnt too bad either, some nice sound effects, nothing special but at least theyre there, and the game music isnt to shabby.
    I have to say, EA havent done bad, unlike most games based on a film Kung Fu Panda actually follows the events of the film, so if youve seen the film, youll know the story of the game, and if you havent well theres no need to worry, as the game does a good job of telling it. In the game you play as the star of the film Po, who as you can guess from the title of the game, is a Panda, who sets out to learn martial arts from his Shifu while the villainous Tai Lung escapes from prison.
    Ok so the game isnt going to win any prizes for reinventing the game genre, because more or less all it is is a side scrolling action game, collect icons, punch and kick your way across the screen. The controls are simple enough, which is what I expected to be honest, because this game is set to attract audiences of all ages, anyway, you attack with the main button and pressing while jumping will result in a flying kick, pressing while crouching will allow you to perform a crouch attack and pressing the button three times will trigger a combo attack, and being a Panda, seeing what he can do for his size is quite impressive.
    But Po isnt the only character that you take control of during the game, you would probably be expecting to play as one of Pos little friends, but no, you also get to take control of the villainous Tai Lung as he fights his way out of prison, which actually is a nice twist, and keeps the game fresh. Youll find these levels a little bit tougher than Pos but Tai Lung is a tough little villain. Like Po, Tai Lung can do a variety of attacks and you are usually moving left instead of right.
    When playing youll find that you need to collect the paws of power which will unlock a special feature, but if you miss a few you can always go back and replay the level to try and find them. There are also power ups for each character, such as noodle soup and the burning brazier which means you take less damage and do double damage for a short amount of time.
    If you feel as if the game is getting a little boring, do not worry, because in addition to the platform levels, there are a few slightly different levels just to keep things fresh, one of them being Po just has to get as many buns as he can or where Tai Lung has to hop from falling rock to falling rock, as I said this keep the game fresh and enjoyable.

Conclusion

Well I said I didnt want to play this game but Im glad I did, ok so the game isnt that innovative, but EA have made it work, and have come up with a fun and enjoyable game, which I think is needed. This game will appeal to all ages, no not because the controls are simple, but because its a fun game. Ive not said this before in a review but, I recommend to anyone that they play this game.

Screenshots

Graphics: 9/10
    Easy on the eye, very nice.

Sound:
    7/10
    Decent sound effects.

Gameplay:
    7/10
    Not too hard, not too easy.

Story:
    9/10
    Follows the film.

Overall Score: 8.5 out of 10
    silver.gif
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 06-10-2010 at 11:04 AM.

2. Default

Not bad man, not bad at all!

3. Default

I beated the 128x160 game for 10 minutes and it was so boring.

4. Default

Next review - Saturday or Sunday

Asphalt 4
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 19-07-2008 at 02:04 PM.

ye that will be great

6. Default

Nightmare please stay on topic

7. Default

Hey songbird i was thinking about reviewin asphalt and some other games or am i not allowed?How did it happen nightmasre?

8. Default

only myself and outlaw have the permission to start new threads in the Review section

9. Default

Aha ok just asking. And how can i become a reviewer or a mod. Also i know nightmare has more posts but i was here longer!

10. Default

Haha funny. I bet they wont answer.