View Poll Results: What Version do you have on your mobile?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3D

56 54.90%
  • 2D

17 16.67%
  • I have both of them.

11 10.78%
  • I'm a PES fan.

18 17.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Review: Real Football 2008 (2D & 3D)

Real Football 2008:2D or 3D?

Tested:Nokia 6234,SE v630i
    Size:3D Version 1.0 Mb, 2D Version 600 Kb

Introduction:
    In the last days i played a lot RF 2008,both 2D and 3D versions so i thinked to make a review and compare the two versions and see which is the best,knowing that a big part of you mobile gamers will say the 3D version is the best,but i hope to prove that this is not entirely true.

Review:
    RF is the best football game developed by Gameloft,started in 2003 with RF 2004,and evolved along the years now reaching to RF 2008.
    Now let’s begin with the menu interface that is simple(resembles with the RF 2007 menu),and contains in plus in the low right corner an men performing different tricks with the ball(nice one Gameloft).
    If you are a newcomer in the RF games,you can easily learn the game from the training mode where the game teaches you the basic controls,the tricks(6 in total),and ultimately let’s you to play with you whole teama gainst only the rival goalkeeper.
    The loading times aren’t big,but the 2D version is slightly faster than the 3D version,but that’s a normal thing for a 3D game.
    Now let’s make it to the graphics part where the games difers totally,the 2D being more colorfull than the 3D version,that has pale colours.There exists three different types of weather:snow,rain and sun,and they are much impressive on the 2D version,the major difference being shown on the snow weather where on the 2D version the whole pitch is covered in snow,while on the 3D version the pitch is the same as on any weather,there being only some snowflakes flying around.
    The gameplay is simple and intuitive on both versions,the only problem being that on the 3D version you can rarely score outside the box,almost all goals being scored within the box,while on the 2D version the goals are more awesome,being capable of scoring goals outside the box,and you can see clearely the effect that the ball gets when shooting outside the box.,however i liked the both versions the same on the gameplay part,the 3D version having an advantage on the replays where you can se the goal you scored from every angle plus the zoom,these features making RF 2008 3D unique.
    On the sound part i think Gameloft could maked a better job,the whistles from the supporters being randomly used,however i liked the main menu music.
    Story,well there is no story for this kind of games,but there enoght modes too keep you busy until the next release of the RF franchise,Road to 2008 being basically Euro 2008,plus the same old cup and league mode,plus the new Challenge Mode that let’s you relive and change the greatest moments in football history.The game contains 5 leagues:German,French,Spain,Italy and England,at total number of more then 200 teams each with their own playing styles,how Gameloft states.

Conclusion:
    I completed Road to 2008 on both versions,and there is a big differnce between them,i liked both the same,my conclusion being that both version are a must have for any football lover out there.

Graphics:9.50/10(2D version), 9.00/10(3D version)
    Impressive on both version,beats every football game on the market on this side.

Sound:7/10(for both versions)
    Randomly used supporters sounds,great main menu music.

Gameplay:10/10(2D version),9/10(3D version)
    The controls are simple and easy to use,the 3D version lacks the goals outside the box.

Overall Score:8,8 (2D version),8,3 (3D version)

P.S. The games didn't work on any of my emulators so i don't have any made by me screens of the 2D or 3D version.
    2.gif5.gif
    6.gifslideshow.gif
    Last edited by Outlaw; 28-06-2008 at 06:30 AM.

2. Default

good review

i haven't played the game yet, but after reading this i'll give it a go

yes good review just that i think real football 2008 3d deserves better grades than 2d version

4. Default

nice review, keep it up

5. Default

good review....but i feel 2D is better than 3D..

i had it but it was to slow theres a lots of versions on 4shared.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare08 Log in to see links
    Well I had the 3D version on my 128x160 phone and it was too slow. I have to admit it was brilliant though. I have never got to play the 2D version because it was in Spanish and the buttons didn't work...

Anyone have a tested 128x160 version of RF 2D?
    I have:Log in to see links
    It is tested!!!!

i think that reviews should contain games or links for them at least

9. Default

no, thats not the point of the reviews

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by duje14 Log in to see links
    I have:Log in to see links
    It is tested!!!!
    Stop posting links to the games,make this in the games thread.