Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I see all religions as theories for the simple fact that nothing regaurding these religions have ever been proven to me. Oh, and lack of evidence.
    Last edited by MeatLoaf_Enchilada; 03-07-2008 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Stop being nosy!

2. Default

Scientific method is hypothesis,theory,law in that you are correct but the only peole that use the correct term in the exact correct context are scientists,this is not because people do not (or cannot)understand, it is because moral jugement comes into play,this is what determins what the general poulation viewpoint is. Songbird and others are correct,evolution HAS been proved to the scientific law level but because the majority of the planet is religious(numbers reducing by the way and have been since the 1600's)then the moral viewpoint is that it is too offensive to call it a law because it would disprove most religions in one fell swoop. This is a debate that has raged for centuries, and it is only in modern times that science is starting to win over more and more people,before it was always religion-look how gallileo was treated(300 years later he is finally believed that the earth revolves around the sun but is still excommunicated from the catholic church ie punished for a scientific discovery!Darwin had the same treatment btw) From a scientific point of view morals should never be part of science ,only measurable imperical data from which you can draw firm conclusions.
    Oh can any religious people answer me this: if god(or allah, or krishna or any other supreme being )is into free will and balance and love at the same time ,how does that work? For the world to be balanced there must be an equal amount of evil in the world as there is good, which means half the world must not be loved by this supreme being because they have used their free will 'incorrectly'. For the entire planet to be loved, we MUST all be worshipping and praying, in which case there is no longer free will,we are just doing what we are told to do

Is any religion a pure self-defense (or selfish) mecanism to ensure the follower gets to go to a paradise like afterlife ,thereby rewarding selfishness?

Sorry 'bout my long essays but this thread is now moving fast and I can only spend so long in front of the computer at the mo,so long posts are the only way i can think of how to respond to all the different points.
    Last edited by Mark; 04-07-2008 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Double post

3. Default

Hows the 'calmest' thread doing?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by B14d3fir3 Log in to see links
    Didn't read whole topic.
    Im satanist
    Are there more satanists here?
    If u are what you say u are (a superstar :augh stay away from me. I bet ur jokin though. And to the guy who said the thread is going nowhere... **** Off!!

It's a thread where people can show what dey tink of religion.

5. Thumbs up

You tell 'em!
    I may have come across a little confrontational in a few previous posts,but I never meant to anger,upset ,provoke or offend anybody or their beliefs,I am just purely curious about these things from and outsider's point of view.
    Everyone has been able to say their piece peacefully and constructively-if only it worked like that in the rest of the world

6. Default

Actually, in the rest of the world, most other topics have a conclusion. This one though, cannot come to a conclusion besides agreeing to disagree, because believers hold on to their faith, and bright non-believers think it's all a sack of poop.

7. Default

non-believers think it's all a sack of poop
    well i think it's a bit more than that

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lazyitus Log in to see links
    For the world to be balanced there must be an equal amount of evil in the world as there is good, which means half the world must not be loved by this supreme being because they have used their free will 'incorrectly'.
    no one ever said God didnt love the people who arent christians. He loves everyone. people just think He doesnt love non believers b/c of hell. but like i said before there is a hell b/c He is just. but i agree with everyone thats saying this is going nowhere. but its still an interesting discusssion.

btw y hasnt anyone answered my question on evolution?

9. Default

what question?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by havokcrikits Log in to see links
    ok i have a question. if our evolution was because of mutations in genetic material then does that mean that going from a single celled organism to what we are now would be saying our dna is nothing but many many genetic mutations?

i also have some questions about the cave men fossils scientists have used to draw a line from us back to apes. if evolution occurs because of mutations, then the organism that had the mutation would have to have offspring. it would also mean that the gene with the mutation would have to be passed on. here are my questions.

how can they prove that the fossils they dug up had babies to pass on the mutations that lead to us? also how can they prove that the organism they dug up passed on the specific mutated genes to cause change in the species?
    this one songbird