Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird Log in to see links
    hmm

well doesn't the bible say that homosexuality is wrong and should be killed for being gay?

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

sounds fair to me...
    OOOHHH SNAP!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by havokcrikits Log in to see links
    Why do you say God judges people for who they are? What have you been taught about Him that makes you think that way?
    By all means correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a key idea of christianity something called 'judgement day' when EVERBODY gets judged to see if they have lived a "good christian life" to see if they are allowed into heaven, left in purgatory, or damned to hell?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird Log in to see links
    hmm

well doesn't the bible say that homosexuality is wrong and should be killed for being gay?

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

sounds fair to me...
    im no theologian but im pretty sure that the text you quoted is talking about Israel in the old testament. This was Gods own people. A people who he rescued from slavery and they had laws to follow to be part of that people. You would have to read the whole text not just a few sentences to understand it fully. But i doubt that the text was talking about other religions at the time. but like i said that is just my take on it i could be wrong but i know that God does not turn anybody away. And the reason homosexuality is wrong is because it was not how God made us and therefore wrong. but thats not to say im gonna go off and kill or hate a homosexual. im going to love them but i do hate the sin in there life but that will not make me judge them or not try to help them. if a christian does not want to help someone who is trapped in sin its just like seeing a child hanging from a ledge over mortal kombat type spikes and not helping them or just walking past and laughing.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lazyitus Log in to see links
    By all means correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a key idea of christianity something called 'judgement day' when EVERBODY gets judged to see if they have lived a "good christian life" to see if they are allowed into heaven, left in purgatory, or damned to hell?
    your right there will be a day when all stand before Him and get judged on the life they lead. but that is different than judging someone by what they do wrong and not trying to help them. God will give everyone at least one chance to turn to Him.

5. Default

the old testament
    still the bible, and 'god's teachings'

And the reason homosexuality is wrong is because it was not how God made us and therefore wrong.
    well what a great and fair religion, not judgemental at all...

6. Default

God will give everyone at least one chance to turn to Him.
    i think i'll take my chances and not turn to he/she/it...

7. Default

Me too!-In roman times they believed a god attained his/her power from the number and passion of its followers,I wonder if this still applies?
    If so the current trend of splintering/diversifying and general break up in organised religion continues then heaven and hell wont exist when I die even if the god is left he/she will have no power.

8. Default

And the reason homosexuality is wrong is because it was not how God made us and therefore wrong.
    But it IS in fact how GOD made us, because he gave us the power of FREE WILL... which is the ability to do whatever we damn well please...

9. Default

songbird...God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Homosexuality started when people wanted to purposely go against Gods will. Satans only purpose is to tempt us and mess up what God has planned for us. he does this through lies and influencing us. His influence is what started homosexuality. so the reason it is a sin is because it goes against what God made us to be. and judging someone because of what they have done without giving them a chance to ask forgiveness from their sins is different from judging them after they've been told the truth and still want to dwell in their sin. (btw only God can judge like that. people should not judge at all. just want to clear that up.)

10. Default

if a christian does not want to help someone who is trapped in sin its just like seeing a child hanging from a ledge over mortal kombat type spikes and not helping them or just walking past and laughing.
    MORRRRRTAL KOOOOMBAAATT!!
    Attached Files Attached Files