Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow [FAQ] Problems Downloading / Setting MP3 Ringtones

If you are experiencing problems downloading our MP3 ringtones via WAP and receive the error message, "Requested Page Cannot Be Displayed" (or similar). Or can play the ringtone, but can't save it; this indicates your carrier may have disabled the ability to download or set MP3 songs as ringtones.

The following carriers have disabled the ability to download or set MP3 songs as ringtones:

Carriers

Handsets
    • Apple iPhone
    • Audiovox CDM-8915 (Snapper)
    • Audiovox CDM-8945
    • Kyocera KX9 (OYSTR)
    • Verizon LG VX5200
    • Verizon LG VX8100
    • Verizon LG VX9800 (Note: Supports MP3 ringtones via BitPim - click here for the tutorial)
    • Nokia 6236I
    • Pantech PN-215
    • Samsung SCH-A850
    • Samsung SCH-A970
    • Samsung SCH-**00
    • Samsung SCH-**10
    • Sidekick II
    • Sidekick III
    • UTStarcom GzOne Type Z

Please note: If your phone or carrier is not listed here and you are having problems with downloading ringtones, please post you phone make / model, your carrier, and the error message you receive. We also recommend that you contact your carrier to see if they have disabled the ability to download or set MP3 ringtones on your phone.

Alternatively, you 'may' be able to download / set MP3 ringtones using the following methods:
    • Use our DRM downloading feature (private downloads only), which allows you to download your "privately" uploaded / created MP3 files in the .dm format, of which is the required format in order to set MP3's as ringtones on DRM restricted handsets (You can also use Log in to see links).
    • Download using the Download to PC option and transfer via USB cable or Bluetooth.
    • Download and install Log in to see links and use a USB cable to transfer ringtones.
    • Convert the MP3 to AMR using Log in to see links (Works with Sony Ericsson W810 and others)
    • Convert the MP3 to 3G2 using Log in to see links (Works with Samsung Sprint handsets).
    • Use Log in to see links to shorten or lower the quality of the MP3 ringtone, as some providers restrict ringtones over 300 kb.
    • Attach and send the ringtone via email to your phone's email address (You may need to change the file extension from .mp3 to .mid for this to work)...

List of carrier email prefixes:

Verizon: @vzwpix.com
      AT&T/Cingular: @mms.att.com
      Sprint/Nextel: @messaging.sprintpcs.com
      T-Mobile: @tmomail.net
      Virgin: @vmobl.net
      Boost Mobile: @myboostmobile.com
      Alltel: @message.alltel.com

We had been working on a Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) to allow you to send MP3 ringtones to your phone as a multimedia message, but due to complications and unreliability in sending and receiving ringtones, the service has not yet been enabled.

If you have any questions regarding this FAQ or any helpful tips, please post below.

Last edited by Karl; 01-08-2009 at 02:48 AM.

2. Default

my problem is simple...
    i cant download mp3 from private download, only can download from public gallery...

can i get the old uploader???

-thx-

3. Default

i cant download ringtones with my phone, its the LG 385 from MTS mobility, everrtime i try to download a ringtone it says " The requested page can not be displayed" any suggestions?

4. Angry

I hav the new Lg Xenon the model number is GR500.
    So i have other ringtones ive got from other people b4 and theyre in the mp3 format and my phone lets me use them as ringtones. the ones i download from this site are also mp3 format but it wont let me set them as ringtones! wat do i do!!!

Your phone may be restricted to ringtones under 300 kb. This tutorial will help you to shorten or lower the quality of the MP3.

6. Default

I Have ringtones that are 40 seconds long which i can set as ringtones and that 1 i downloaded from here is 30 seconds and it still wont work

7. Default

I have metropcs and zte c79. it downloads and plays but don't know where it goes. please help

8. Default

ive got sony erricsson k800i on o2 and used 2 always get games and mp3's from wap i.d. download wiv no problems but past couple ov weeks wen i try 2 download by i.d. it says 'sorry requested items could not be loaded'
    absolutely gutted i am
    any help wud b very much appreciated

9. Default

Hi,

I have an LG KF750. I am receiving the following error message 'The requested item cannot be loaded'.

Richard

10. Default

I have a Samsung A717 with AT&T. I have downloaded before with no problems but now I get the message 'The requested item cannot be loaded'.