already ordered that. I get it a week b4 i can play it

Quote Originally Posted by Sportacus Log in to see links
    already ordered that. I get it a week b4 i can play it
    It's worth the wait.

Awesome game.

Default Some useless info.

Study squashes myth of gamer as antisocial Comic Book Guy
    By Frank Caron | Published: October 22, 2008 - 12:11PM CT

Gaming has long been the domain of nerds and geeks. For many years, gamers were painted as ostracized, antisocial, self-loathing recluses who were incapable of making meaningful human contact, instead delving deep into imaginary digital worlds to escape reality. But that stereotype is quickly changing as more and more people start to game, and a new study goes as far as claiming that gamers are "more social, more active, and more valuable as consumers" than non-gamers.

Together with IGN Entertainment, Ipsos MediaCT published the study entitled "Are You Game?". The work draws results from a two-phase study which began with a quantitative overview of gaming earlier this year in US households and then more intimate, qualitative, person-by-person research through means such as focus groups and in-home interviews in the Los Angeles area.

To tackle the study, the research team first had to define what a gamer was. The team broke gamers apart into a number of different labelled groups, including the likes of "Traditional Core" and "Weekend Warriors" to more modern collectives such as "Family 3.0," which embodies the connected families that game casually together, and "Social Troopers," which covers those who game for social stimulus and seek out others to play with in all circumstances.

Here are some of noteworthy findings of the study:

55 percent of gamers polled were married, 48 percent have kids, and new gamers – those who have started playing videogames in the past two years—are 32 years old on average
    More than 75 percent of videogamers play games with other people either online or in person
    More than 47 percent of people living in gaming households saying that videogames were a fun way to interact with other family members
    37 percent of gamers said friends and family relied upon them to stay up-to-date about movies, TV shows and the latest entertainment news, compared to only 22 percent for nongamers
    39 percent of gamers said that friends and family rely upon them to stay up-to-date about the latest technology
    In terms of hard dollars, the average gaming household income ($79,000) is notably higher than that of nongaming households ($54,000), but the value of the gamer as a marketing target can be seen in a variety of ways
    Gamers are 13 percent more likely to go out to a movie, 11 percent more likely to play sports, and 9 percent more likely to go out with friends than nongamers
    Gamers are twice as likely as nongamers to buy a product featuring new technology even if they are aware that there are still bugs
    Gamers are also twice as likely as nongamers to pay a premium for the newest technology on the market
    Gamers also consume media in different ways than nongamers, with hardcore gamers spending five more hours on the Internet, two more hours watching television and two more hours listening to music than nongamers per week
    And the counterintuitive kicker:

Gamers are twice as likely to go out on dates as nongamers in a given month

"Based on the research, it's obvious that the gaming market has outgrown many commonly held stereotypes about the relative homogeneity of video gamers," said Adam Wright, Director of Research for Ipsos MediaCT. "Today's gamers represent a wide variety of demographic groups: men and women, kids, parents and grandparents, younger and older consumers. All this underscores the fact that gaming has become a mainstream medium in the world that appeals to people from all walks of life."

Ubisoft UK’s Rob Cooper:” The age of the hardcore gamers being the only gamers, you know those you finish games even if they don’t like them, play games from all genres, always play them alone but have LAN parties if they want more than one player, is gone. Instead, the new casual gamers will rather play with a girl/boy friend, spouse or partner, than alone. We try to accommodate all types from games like End War, Heroes of Might and Magic and Faces of War specifically designed for hardcore gamers to CSI, Lara Croft and Import Tuner Challenge than will appeal to casual gamers.

4. Default

Fable 2

Amazing... that's all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVW Log in to see links
    Fable 2

Amazing... that's all I can say.
    Did you get Far Cry?

6. Default

Nah I'm getting it tomorrow

I played it over my mates house

Nah I'm getting it tomorrow

I played it over my mates house
    And what did you think?

8. Default

Ok good.

10. Default

I must just get Daemon tools to vanish then I can start Far Cry... (thanks for the reg tip Nox )