1. Exclamation [HELP] Problems and causes, installing .jar files.

Okay, so people seem to get problems over and over again, asking the same questions, and having the same problems every time. So, here i mentioned the problems, causes, and possible solutions.

Problems:
    1: Protected file.
    2: "Unknown file type" or "Invalid File Type"
    3: Not enough memory message
    4: Screen size doesn't match

1: If the file is protected you have to get a non-protected file by the author, since you are not able to modify (which you do by installing .jar files) files as they are protected. In may be possible to "unlock" them with certain programs, but i don't know exactly which are able to do so.

2: If the file is "Unknown file type" or "Invalid File Type" you are not able to install them as your mobile phone may not be able to use the certain application or game.
    This can be caused by many reasons, for example Guitar Hero III which is only made for a certain network, and Music Guess or whatever it's called, which is designed only for Nokia Phones (comes with 5300).
    This problem cannot be solved, unless there is made another version of the game for your mobile type, which happen in the fewest cases.

3: If the file says that you do not have enough memory, it may indicate that there is an error in the file which means that you - under any circumstances - won't be able to install the game/application. Also, you may be told that there is not enough memory, because you actually don't have enough memory space. A game/application is installed on your phone memory (by default on Sony Ericssons. On Nokia you can choose whether to install the game on the phone memory or the memory card). If you have too many pictures or music stored on the phone memory, or maybe too many games/applications installed you'll get the message because you lack space on your Phone Memory.

To get rid of this problem simply move some pictures/music from your phone to your memory card. This should solve it.
    (Check your memory by pressing Memory Status, which on Sony Ericssons are found under the more tab by pressing the right soft-key while in the Gallery and opening Memory Status. I cannot tell you where memory status is found on Nokias sorry.)
    If an error causes the "Memory" message, you might need to download another version of the game, or update the game.

4:If the screen size is too small (or too big) when starting the game/application, it's because the screen size doesn't match. There are 2 common screen sizes. 176X220 Pixels, and 240X320 Pixels. Also there are a few others (128x160, 128x128 and so on). A game has to match in pixels. So when scouting through the website, look for the game/application sizes matching your phone, or the ones that are categorized as "Multiscreen" as they work on more than 2 screen sizes, and are most likely to cover your screen size too.
    To find your screen size there are 3 easy ways:

If your phone was not located there use this search string on google: "Your mobile phone" - Screen size.
    (Example: "Sony Ericsson W880i" - Screen Size)
    Look through the first page of results, and you should usually find at least one post with your screen size listed.

Still if this doesn't work, try going to the Gallery and downloading a 176x220, 240x320 and a 128x160 game. Install all three games, and at least one of them should fit your phone. If not, try downloading and installing other screen sizes, untill one of them fits your phone.

I hope this was helpful enough for you. If not, then you are welcome to contact me on Log in to see links or by sending me a private message.

Regards,
    Killer1993.
    Last edited by Killer1993; 02-04-2008 at 07:53 PM.

2. Thumbs up

my compliments well done

3. Default

effort

4. Default

Thanks alot. Hope this is gonna be helpfull to someone.

5. Default

Okay, just updated the post making it a little easier to look through for those less skilled readers (no offence!)

Hope you'll enjoy
    - Killer1993

Default Nokia cases

I think you must update your phone software you must be using some old version so frist update your phone os and then try out.

Or it may be also problem with version and resolution.

7. Default thanks

thanks for helping