Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How is everyone?

And where has everyone gone?

Not been active myself for months as i had a kidney transplant in September at St james in Leeds. Apart from a few early blips its going well coming up to 3 months a week this Monday

Gonna try to be more active from now on.

Paul

Hello Paul!

Things have been very quiet here, some posts, some uploads, but no active forum chatter like there used to be.

Good to see You active, take it easy.

I wish You a full recovery from Your kidney transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links
    Hello Paul!

Things have been very quiet here, some posts, some uploads, but no active forum chatter like there used to be.

Good to see You active, take it easy.

I wish You a full recovery from Your kidney transplant.

Thanks Wilhelm.

Yes noticed it been quiet for a while. I think social media kills forums, not sure what we can do to bring active members back. I noticed even a active member and uploader like Jmarin has not been active for a year, kinda sad but that's life i guess.

I myself am on the back burner too, but not due to social media - I just got caught up by life itself, priorities have shifted!

For a while now I sometimes don't turn on my desktop PC for an entire week, occasionally even longer.
    And I don't even use mobile internet, if I am not at home no surfing!

I myself am on the back burner too, but not due to social media - I just got caught up by life itself, priorities have shifted!

For a while now I sometimes don't turn on my desktop PC for an entire week, occasionally even longer.
    And I don't even use mobile internet, if I am not at home no surfing!
    You don't use mobile internet wow. I can do without pc if busy or out but am always checking stuff on phone/tablet. I use twitter more than fb, just prefer it.

I do wonder if old members still check the site and see that not much is going on so are put off logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    You don't use mobile internet wow. I can do without pc if busy or out but am always checking stuff on phone/tablet. I use twitter more than fb, just prefer it.

I do wonder if old members still check the site and see that not much is going on so are put off logging in.
    First thing I do on a new phone is delete all WAP settings!
    I don't WANT to be constantly on-line!
    This so called 24/7 connectivity is actually disconnecting people from each other. Instead of having conversations among themselves everybody is glued to the screen hoping/waiting/wanting for any kind of notification to happen - it's atrocious and somewhat sickening.

But hey, that's just me and I've been told that I am somewhat of a special case.

I too wonder what happened to all the hyper active old members, I hope they do check in occasionally.

And where has everyone gone?

Not been active myself for months as i had a kidney transplant in September at St james in Leeds. Apart from a few early blips its going well coming up to 3 months a week this Monday

Gonna try to be more active from now on.

Paul
    Congratulations to a long and healthy life, Paul
    I also had a kidney transplant, 18 years ago

Okay... I'm off to Facebook now
    Last edited by Michelle; 10-12-2015 at 01:04 PM.

First thing I do on a new phone is delete all WAP settings!
    I don't WANT to be constantly on-line!
    This so called 24/7 connectivity is actually disconnecting people from each other. Instead of having conversations among themselves everybody is glued to the screen hoping/waiting/wanting for any kind of notification to happen - it's atrocious and somewhat sickening.

But hey, that's just me and I've been told that I am somewhat of a special case.

I too wonder what happened to all the hyper active old members, I hope they do check in occasionally.
    No i completely agree Wilhelm. People are walking down streets, on buses, in shops etc glued to their phone probably on fb telling everyone where they are lol. I don't do this craving attention stuff, never been like that. I tweet my opinions mostly on sport or if am on fb it's just a few personal things if people like my posts nice, if not i don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Log in to see links
    Congratulations to a long and healthy life, Paul
    I also had a kidney transplant, 18 years ago

Okay... I'm off to Facebook now
    Wow congrats, Michelle

Hows it going?

No i completely agree Wilhelm. People are walking down streets, on buses, in shops etc glued to their phone probably on fb telling everyone where they are lol. I don't do this craving attention stuff, never been like that. I tweet my opinions mostly on sport or if am on fb it's just a few personal things if people like my posts nice, if not i don't really care.

Wow congrats, Michelle

Hows it going?
    The kidney was donated by my twin sister, so it was 100% compatible. I will live forever...

How's your creatinine levels now, Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Log in to see links
    The kidney was donated by my twin sister, so it was 100% compatible. I will live forever...

How's your creatinine levels now, Paul?
    That is really great and your lucky you have a twin mine was a decreased donor.

Latest is 175 micromol/l. Which is higher than normal but thats around my base. Or as i like to say, i must have muscle even though am a skinny guy and don't work out
    It was around 550 before transplant but when they did the bloods after a dialysis session every month mine was around what my creatinine is now.