Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit1951 Log in to see links
    Nice those reminders why do i have still the feeling that moderating is not consequent
    If you mean consistent, we do our best.

In some cases if there are a lot of miss spellings they will get rejected. We don't have the time to type in the correct spelling. Nor should we have to.

example : unkown is incorrect. it is spelled unknown

2. Default

i dont understand what 240x320 means when i am downloading games i have a blackberry 8330 and when i download a game it says can not download to big

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by arz77 Log in to see links
    i dont understand what 240x320 means when i am downloading games i have a blackberry 8330 and when i download a game it says can not download to big
    240x320 is a screen resolution.
    Isn't the 8330's screen resolution 176x220 ?
    Last edited by xViper1x; 13-05-2009 at 09:09 PM.

4. Default

thank you....

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by arz77 Log in to see links
    thank you....
    no problem

sorry to hit on the refusals again, but recently i had about 30 or so wallpapers refused due to 'ambiguious title', yet the title was desciptive and told the downloadeder what they were downloading, so i re uploaded the wallpapers with lesser titles, just like putting a one word name and althought most were passed this time some were still refused due to apparent poor quality (altho they were the same quality as the ones accepted), so i ask why were the ones refused for poor quality not refused the last time for poor quality instead of ambiguious title, instead of making me waste time re uploading them a second time, if they had been originally been refused for poor quality i would have jst left those ones alone and re uploaded the ambiguious title ones instead.

A few other members are also a lil annoyed with the ambiguious title and a lot are annoyed with the poor quality, as like me they upload wallpapers/themes all of same quality and some are accepted and some arent. I understand MODS have to do their job, but i feel sometimes that if a MOD personally doesnt like a wallpaper/theme they will refuse it wether it will appeal to other members or not and not refuse it for a genuine reason. i personally dont think a upload should be refused for ambiguious title, i dont think that reason should even be out there, poor quality should be used on rare occaisions when an upload is generally extremely poor quality not just used for the sake of it, main refusal should be unsuitable content (i understand and stand by that one, you gotta be careful for language and full nudity).

Now i know i am a nobody, i dont pay for the site, im not a site contibuter and not been on here as long as most and i am jusy 1 guy in millions so my post could be passed over and ignored, i just think the refusal situation could be re thought out and maybe the odd changes made, just let refusals be unsuitable content refusals only. like i said, with me bein just a no one you could just ignore this post, but i am not the only one who thinks this.

thank you for your time.

7. Default how to edit the description of an uploaded software

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Log in to see links
    Thanks Kevin
    hi
    i recently uploaded an application. Is there any way to edit the description
    of the application ? I had submitted the description of the application with proper
    spacing and line breaks but the description on the website does not have any spacing
    or line break.

Thanks
    Zozoc

Hi Zozoc, There's a bug that will be corrected soon. Descriptions will be displayed correctly when it's fixed.

9. Default

i downloaded a game onto my phone but i am having trouble locating it!?...i have a nokia 5730 express music...can you help me out?

Exclamation Uploads - Refusals - Reasons - Guidance

This is supposed to be a post to all members uploading files , but it's mostly pointed to newcomers who may not know all the details concerning uploading files and the way they get accepted and/or refused , so they keep making the same mistakes or even think it is depending of the Mods/Admins mood!

Please read these posts if You already haven't , they contain rules and guidelines for uploading files to Mobiles24:
    http://forum.mobiles24.com/showthread.php?p=33778
    http://forum.mobiles24.com/showthread.php?t=2896

This guideline is basically about Java mobile games , but most of the info here is identical for any other upload as well!

Here is a simple picture pointing You to Your files in Validation Queue:
    M24-Validation Queue.jpg

A refusal or acceptance note will be visible for 3 days and then automatically removed from the "My Uploads" page!

Files that got "Refused" will not show up in the Free Gallery , nor Your Profile Page , nor in form of RP (Reward Points)!

Accepted files will instantly show up on Your Profile Page and in form of RP (Reward Points) - but it can take up to 12 hours before they appear in the free gallery!

Files awaiting validation by a Mod or Admin will stay in the "Validation Queue" list until they get validated (can take days at times)!

Refusal reason (move Your mouse pointer over the "Refused" note to the right of the red dot of an refused upload to see why it got refused!) :

Duplicates - are something You can't always avoid and they will be sorted out , don't re-upload such files because they will get refused again.

Wrong Category - it means that You uploaded a file under a wrong category. Example for Java files , Mobile Games category : You uploaded a Browser or an emulator application in form of a ".jar" file to the "Software - Mobile Games" category , it should have been uploaded to the "Software - Mobile Software" category instead. Anything not resembling a "game" or being "game alike" will not be accepted into the "Software - Mobile Games" category!
    This refusal does not necessarily mean that the file is unsuitable to be accepted to the Free Gallery , but it has to be placed/uploaded into the correct category.
    Once re-uploaded to the correct category it will be validated again and either accepted or refused depending on whether the file meets the required guidelines and rules of the particular category (mostly identical to other categories).
    And , NO - the Moderator who refused a file under a particular category can not simply forward it to another one and accept it there. Different categories are mostly moderated by different Moderators. We do not interfere with each others work considering that different file types require different knowledge about them.

Unsuitable Content - for Java files it means the file is modded/modified. Manifest-screen size mods and any startup/splash screen modded games will be refused no matter if they work or not!
    Games that have their splash/startup screen modified in a way that they show/advertise ANY other competing website will also be refused as "Unsuitable Content".

Adware - if the file asks to connect to the internet (network) during each start up to work but shuts the application down if connection is denied , or the application requires frequent connection to the internet while it is been used - it will be considered to be Ad-Ware supported and refused as such

Payware - If the file asks for a serial number witch can be obtained via internet , but a working serial number has not been provided , the file will be considered as Payware and get refused!

Copyright - these files/games are forbidden in the public gallery (and Forums , so do not attach them directly to Mobiles24 forum!). For a list of forbidden vendors and games read this post

Unclear/Ambiguous Title - the uploader didn't take the time to give the file a proper name before uploading. Examples: ageofheroeswarriorsway / AgeOfHeroesWarriorsWay / Age_Of_Heroes_Warriors_Way - or anything similar will be refused. It takes 1 minute max. to do it right like this "Age Of Heroes V - Warriors Way" , and Your upload will be accepted. Single uploads may actually be renamed by us moderators if we have the time for it , but we don't have to - it is our good will to do Your work!

File/Title Mismatch - pretty much the same as "Unclear/Ambiguous Title" , the file name does not match the uploaded file itself. For example , You uploaded a game as "racing game" , but the games real name is "Hummer Jump And Race 3D" - Your file is approved to be refused as You didn't bother to name it right.

File Error - if Your file has been refused because of this , then it seems to be faulty. Java files are tested on several emulators like SjBoy and Nokia SDK (S40v5, S60v3, S60v5) , and if these don't work the file is tested on a real phone (in my case an SE K750i and SE Elm). If the file fails to run properly or even keeps causing error messages it is considered faulty and will be refused. Files refused because of this reason have probably been tested more thorough then any other file , just to give it a fair chance to end up in the free gallery after all! Do not re-upload such files on purpose!

Unsuitable/Incorrect Screenshot - this is something You have to take care about , many files get refused because they have been uploaded with wild and completely nonsense preview pictures (from somebody's "girlfriend's" picture to blank white or black preview files).If You don't have preview files for the games that You intend to upload , make a search in the free games gallery , if another version of the same game is already uploaded You can use its screenshot - nothing wrong with that as long as the preview file corespondents with the download file! A picture of a car or a tire does not do the trick (example for a racing game!), it is supposed to be a screenshot of the games "splash screen" or an "in-game" screenshot.
    Your preview files should NOT contain "watermarks" of competing web sites (web page addresses on the preview picture) as they will get refused as "Unsuitable" screenshots!
    To make Your own screenshots for a preview file You can use SjBoy.

Non-English - in terms for Java games this means that the applications menu , in game dialogues , help and hints , tips and so on are not in English! Only applications supporting English language are being accepted , and yes Multilingual support is OK as well as long as English is one of them. It is a very simple rule , easy to follow and understand.

If You are looking for a simple emulator to run Java games and applications on Your PC try SjBoy - it is capable of running most Java files , although not all of them. It has a simple option to take sceenshots , but keep in mind it makes "BMP" files - so convert them to "JPG" before You use them (can be done very simple in Paint).

Do not complain about refusals , try to inform Yourself and You might do it correctly further on!
    Any questions concerning uploads can be posted here in this thread and either our Admins Mark and Karl , we Mods , or some experienced member will help You for sure - just ask politely and explain the problem/question as detailed as possible.

A big P.S. to Java games uploaders: Please include the supported screen size the game is made for (if known), and I find equally important that You include the phone brand and phone model a game is meant for (what some members seem to leave out on purpose sometimes - maybe)!
    Sooner or later there will be more version of the same game in the free gallery and what then? Imagine 10 files all saying "Duck Hunt 3D (240x320)" , but someone needs one for his/her Nokia 6300 - should this member download all of them and try which will work?
    Wouldn't it be perfect if each or at least most had the supported phone brand/model specified?
    But DON'T make supports up either , that would be even worse.

If You actually took the time to read this entire post - Thank You , I appreciate it.
    Keep Mobiles24 organized and have fun!
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 08-08-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Extended available info even further!