Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links
    It is not a matter of "not liking" , as it is a fact that I depleted my search repertoire after two afternoons looking for ONE old small game.

By continuing to search for a v0.17 of that game I'd rely on my usual searching methods and end up going in circles!

I could have edited the manifest and claim that I found a v0.17 instead of a v0.14 - but I didn't!

Sorry I couldn't help You with this one!

Okay, I've tried installing Bounce now. I put the .jad and the .jar in the installation map and told my phone to install.
    Error message: "The .jad and .jar attributes doesn't match"

What can I do? I deleted the .jad from the phone and tried to install ONLY the .jar-file. The installation went through, but it's not playable. The game screen shows up in the top left corner. It's like an 8th of the total screen. It's tiny. And you can't see the ball, you just see blue heaven and the enemies.

The Bounce game is 128x128, my phones screen is 320x240. I guess that will be a problem to?
    Loads of trouble. What shall I do?
    Last edited by emmely__404; 21-12-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Wouldn't it be significantly easier to buy an old Nokia 3200 so You can occasionally play those games?

As the manifest can be edited , so can the entire game - increasing the Virtual Me v0.14 games file size to 63KB would be a matter of few clicks.

The cyberflasher site is useless to me as it requires registration - Mobiles24.com is the only mobile phone related Forum I am registered to!
    Besides , a handsets flash file incorporates loads of data and even if Bounce and Virtual Me were included they'd require some sort of extraction method in order to get a Java file and I am not very familiar with flashing handsets , nor am I much into Nokia phones (or Nokia related software).

To install a Java game most (but not all) handsets require only the ".jar" file.
    Copy the Java file to Your handsets internal or external memory , browse to its location , and upon selecting the file You should be offered a option saying "Install" , "Open" or "Play" (don't know what Nokia's offer, my Sony Ericsson says "Install"!).

Had You given me any hint that You intend to play these 128x128 pixel sized games on a Nokia E75 sporting a 240x320 pixel screen (in portrait mode, 320x240 px. would be landscape) , I would have told You it wouldn't work properly.
    I modified the v1.21 Bounce to force fill a 240x320/320x240 px. screen , but the result is not useable.
    By testing in Nokia SDK S60v3 it now does fill most of the screen (as opposed to just sit in the top left corner) , but it is barely worth mentioning as the graphics are displayed faulty (see screenshot).
    The difference in Original to Target screen size is just too high!
    bounceMOD.JPG

My recommendation:
    If this is true nostalgia You experience , buy Yourself a (used) Nokia 3200 and re-experience the real thing.
    Just as an example , I could get one without a charger for ~4 Euro , or one with charger for ~14 Euro (Croatian ones, not Swedish!).
    There ought to be a few still alive in Sweden too!

3. Default

Wilhelm, you're great explaining things! I understand. I HAVE a Nokia 3200, but I've been borrowing it to a friend recent year, and I sort of miss it.

Your screen shot without the ball, with white walls and with just the blue heaven and the enemies is just how it looks on my phone.

Is that ONLY a matter of screen resolution or is there anything else that's wrong?
    Last edited by emmely__404; 22-12-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emmely__404 Log in to see links
    Is that ONLY a matter of screen resolution or is there anything else that's wrong?
    Actually it might also be a rendering incompatibility of the game on Your Nokia S60v3 handset!

Although I didn't manage to force stretch the game on my Sony Ericsson's Elm (240x320) and K750i (176x220) , the game is showing and behaving normal in 128x128 pixel mode (screenshot of SE Elm).
    That might indicate an incompatibility issue between the Bounce game and Your Nokia E75!

DSC02503.JPG

5. Default

Actually it might also be a rendering incompatibility of the game on Your Nokia S60v3 handset!

Although I didn't manage to force stretch the game on my Sony Ericsson's Elm (240x320) and K750i (176x220) , the game is showing and behaving normal in 128x128 pixel mode (screenshot of SE Elm).
    That might indicate an incompatibility issue between the Bounce game and Your Nokia E75!

DSC02503.JPG
    Thank you for testing, that was exactly what I was afraid for.
    I was worrying that it had to do with that you forced a S40 game with a S60v3 program and that it led to compability problems.

Is there ANYTHING to do about it? (except buying a new Nokia 3200)
    Is there ANY WAY to make it work in my S60v3 (a Nokia E75)?

Merry Christmas Wilhelm and thank you so much!
    Last edited by emmely__404; 23-12-2012 at 10:51 PM.

I tested the Bounce v1.21 (maintaining the original 128x128 pixel screen) and results are as follows:
    - real handset Nokia 2630 , S40v5 Lite Edition based , 128x160px. = working
    - real handset Sony Ericsson K750i , Java based , 176x220px. = working
    - real handset Sony Ericsson Elm , Java based , 240x320px. = working
    - emulator Nokia 2680 Slide , S40v5 fp1 , 128x160px. = working
    - emulator Nokia 6500 Slide , S40v5 fp1 , 240x320px. = working
    - emulator Nokia 6260 Slide , S40v6 , 320x480px. = working
    - emulator SjBoy , tries to emulate different handsets/screen sizes = working
    - emulator KEmulator , tries to emulate different handsets/screen sizes = working
    - emulator Nokia SDK S60v3 fp2 , 240x320 and 320x240px. = failed

Including Your failed attempt to run the game on Your Nokia E75 , a S60v3 fp2 based handset , odds are that the Symbian S60v3 operating system is incompatible with this game!
    Sorry!

Merry Christmas , Emmely !
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 25-12-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

7. Default

I tested the Bounce v1.21 (maintainig the original 128x128 pixel screen) and results are as follows:
    - real handset Nokia 2630 , S40v5 Lite Edition based , 128x160px. = working
    - real handset Sony Ericsson K750i , Java based , 176x220px. = working
    - real handset Sony Ericsson Elm , Java based , 240x320px. = working
    - emulator Nokia 2680 Slide , S40v5 fp1 , 128x160px. = working
    - emulator Nokia 6500 Slide , S40v5 fp1 , 240x320px. = working
    - emulator Nokia 6260 Slide , S40v6 , 320x480px. = working
    - emulator SjBoy , tries to emulate different handsets/screen sizes = working
    - emulator KEmulator , tries to emulate different handsets/screen sizes = working
    - emulator Nokia SDK S60v3 fp2 , 240x320 and 320x240px. = failed

Including Your failed attempt to run the game on Your Nokia E75 , a S60v3 fp2 based handset , odds are that the Symbian S60v3 operating system is incompatible with this game!
    Sorry!

Merry Christmas , Emmely !
    WOW. That is what I would call a HUGE test!
    So sad to understand that my Bounce isn't going to work in my phone, but so happy you've tried so hard.

Happy Christmas and lots of mistletoe kisses.