910 RP
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Lightbulb [FAQ] Sony Ericsson Joystick Connection Problem

Hi All,

If you have a connection problem with your Sony Ericsson Joystick, which is due to dust then:

• Go down to your local CD player store and ask for a "CD PLAYER CLEANER", i got mine for 1.99 and in dolars that is about $4.
    • You will get a cleaning solution in the purcase, and just drip some drops of the solution into your joystick.
    • As soon as you turn your phone on, you will move your cursor left and it will move right (or move in a completely different direction). But do not worry just move the cursor around for a while for the solution to dry, because the cleaning solution acts as a connection conductor.
    If you do that then you will no longer have anymore connection problems. Although you might if you keep your phone in your pocket all the time, so you will need to re-apply the solution, but i reapply mine every 3 months and i had my phone for 3 years so you shouldn't have any problems.

Remember not to use too much of the cleaning solution because it will take ages to dry (if you use TOO much); if you use a small amount you will be able to use it again in 3 minutes!!

Hope you found this useful,

Andy
    Have a problem or need help ?
    If so please feel free to send me a private message (PM)

0 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Cool sounds like good advice will have to try it out some time
    cheers mate

910 RP
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom07 View Post
    Cool sounds like good advice will have to try it out some time
    cheers mate
    Yeah make sure you buy a cheap one because you only really want the "cleaning solution", good luck

0 RP

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Good day Cornet~
    Trying to find out if we can have every single part of our keypad replaced says there's a problem?
    I've got a k850i here..no joystick but still worried something will go wrong with those touch screen soft keys.

advices much appreciated~

910 RP
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KuKuYi View Post
    Good day Cornet~
    Trying to find out if we can have every single part of our keypad replaced says there's a problem?
    I've got a k850i here..no joystick but still worried something will go wrong with those touch screen soft keys.

advices much appreciated~
    Hi KuKuYi,

I looked around websites and came to an conclusion of you can NOT have changeable covers, which basically means you cannot change all the keys without getting it repaired by the manufacture in your case 'sony ericsson'

All The Best,

Andy

0 RP
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

erm.. hi ANdy..

i have a w880i..
    i accidently droped it on the floor and my button > and some other button lyk C,right solf-key and the shortcut button.. is there a way to remove the meatal cover so i can repair the buttons?

thanks in advance
    where did everyone go???

0 RP
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

sorry double post.. really sorry
    where did everyone go???

910 RP
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 58684 View Post
    erm.. hi ANdy..

i have a w880i..
    i accidently droped it on the floor and my button > and some other button lyk C,right solf-key and the shortcut button.. is there a way to remove the meatal cover so i can repair the buttons?

thanks in advance
    There should be a way, call your supplier and they should be able to sort it out