Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Default Which is more effective: PDA or Smartphone

Hi everyone,
    We all hear about both PDA(Personal Digital Assistant) and Smart Phone. now the question is which one is better. Here are some difference between them:
    PDA is cheaper than Smart phones.
    smartphones connect to a cellular network, just like a cell phone. PDAs do not connect to cellular networks and are thus unable to provide the same range of connectivity to the Internet.PDAs and smartphones also use other forms of connectivity, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
    PDA is carrier dependent, changing wireless provider is not an issue. But Smartphones are often tied to a woreless carrier network.
    PDAs and smartphones often use the same, or very similar, operating systems.

A smartphone is a converged device that combines the functionalities of a PDA and a cell phone. However, there are additional factors to consider as you decide which device is best for your needs. Both PDAs and smartphones have strengths and weaknesses. Knowing what each has to offer will help you determine which device is better for your needs.

0 RP

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

I like my Samsung Galaxy S Plus, its not the latest version but it does a great job, also as a PDA

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alisha777 View Post
    A smartphone is a converged device that combines the functionalities of a PDA and a cell phone. However, there are additional factors to consider as you decide which device is best for your needs. Both PDAs and smartphones have strengths and weaknesses. Knowing what each has to offer will help you determine which device is better for your needs.
    Hi Alisha, nice to meet you. Thanks for your reply and for such a nice post.

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by adyhooper View Post
    PDA and Smarphone both are nice but I will prefer Smart phone because of it's user friendly interface and some important features & applications which make it more valuable and impressive.
    Hi Adyhooper thanks for reply. I agree with you that smartphone is easy to manage.But not to forget that smart phone is a combination of cellphone and PDA.

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mobimonkey View Post
    I like my Samsung Galaxy S Plus, its not the latest version but it does a great job, also as a PDA
    Hi Mobi, nice to meet you and thanks for reply.

0 RP

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

agreed... not sure why you're comparing a PDA with a smartphone because they're pretty much the same to me... and i think that's what they are now.

smartphones are pretty awesome, and PDAs esentially were actually low powered smartphones that didn't have all the abilities of that of a smartphones...

you can check them out either here or here

they both should have pricing and info for you!

0 RP

Country
    Azerbaijan
    Thanks

PDAs are often cheaper than a smartphone over the life of the device. Although the initial purchase price of some smartphones is less than the cost of a PDAs

0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Samsung galaxy s2 is really good apps.There are lots of new specific apps are available in this phone.Good facility for mail,social media and other.

Banned
    0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Default Smartphone or PDA

I personally like Smartphone because it has a user friendly interface and Smartphone Apps Could Improve Effectiveness of Weight-Loss Programs etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last