Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Can't hear preview sound from Mobile24

Hi Everyone,

My first post

First of all, I would like to thank everybody that makes this site a continued success!

You people beat ****** hands down

Soon it will be my time to upload files

In the mean time, I wonder, why can't I hear the ringtone previews?

I click on and can't hear anything, no matter how long I wait (I have 1500kbps broadband)

I click on:
    and get:
    but no sound!

I heard some of the tones (not all the time though), the first time I clicked on this
    However, I think I had to click to start then to stop then to start it again...

But no matter which combination I try now, it seems I can't get the preview sounds to work again.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have 30 DLs/day, and most of it is going to DLing files I "guess" would sound good, with so far, less than 1/3 success.

Thanking you all in advance

maybe that's the problem with your internet browser, there are options to block sounds from websites. check that out. I'm using firefox (I suspect you are also) and I can't hear it too. but on internet explorer and opera there is no problem. there are some solutions to find on the net for firefox, but try to update your flash player.

i personally would recommend using IE or opera instead...

3. Default

Thank you for your quick reply apoteka

I thought of that after I posted up my post

You are correct in deducing which browser I use (firefox all the way). However, without changing any of my settings, I had initially heard a few of the audios up there.

I don't know how to explain that, and this gives me hope that Firefox can support it, I will play with settings and report back if any positive change happens.

Thank you for the tip apoteka

4. Default

And I have Flash CS3 Professional installed... I guess that is as updated as one can get :p

Again, thank you apoteka

Hi Isa_Efe,

Welcome to our community and thanks for your kind feedback!

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with the Flash plugin or an application conflict. A lot of people seem to be suffering from a similar problem and it doesn't seem to be a bug within our previews.

Try the suggested fixes found Log in to see links. Let me know if you have any success

Quote Originally Posted by apoteka
    i personally would recommend using IE or opera instead...
    I disagree

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Log in to see links
    I disagree

I use firefox also , but it's not perfect. i was just referring to the problem mentioned, to avoid messing around with the fixes you mentioned.

in all other cases, firefox is better than IE

But opera? well, this is not the place to discuss that

No problem apoteka

8. Default

Thank you Mark

I tried doing what the list said.

Green means I did it, or it was already set as the guide said.

Red means I don't need to do it, or not relevant for me.

Grey means I couldn't do it.

1. Flash stores its files in a temporary files folder. A corrupt download can cause the sound problems.

Delete the following folders:
      C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Adobe\Flash Player
      C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player

2. Empty your temporary internet files.

Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options
      Firefox: Tools -> Clear Private Data
      Opera: Tools -> Delete Private Data

3. Empty your temporary files folder.

Use this command to empty your temporary files folder:
      Start -> Run -> RMDIR /S /Q "%TEMP%"

4. Install the latest version of the Flash plugin. You can download it HERE. If you have problems upgrading the plugin, then uninstall your existing version first with this tool. Close your browser(s) before you run the uninstall tool.

5. Run the K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool. Near the top you should see an option to fix the sound (Midi, WaveOut). Select that and press Next. If the option is greyed out, then that particular registry fix is not needed.

6. Go to the Flash Player Settings Manager website. Click HERE.
      Check the box called "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer."

7. Check if your sound device settings are correct:
      Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices -> Audio

8. If you have QuickTime installed, then go to the QuickTime control panel. On the Audio tab, set "Default Music Synthesizer" to "General MIDI".
      On the Advanced tab, disable "Enable playback of Adobe Flash tracks".
      On the browser tab, click on "MIME Settings". Under "Miscellaneous", make sure "Flash media" is unchecked.

9. Check if the file msacm32.drv is present in your Windows system32 folder. If not, copy it from another PC (that has the same version of Windows) and place the file in the system32 folder.

10. If you are also having sound problems with other applications, then re-installing your audio drivers might solve the problem.

So far I still can't hear anything from the Firefox browser.

9. Default

Also, at the start of the link you provided Mark, it states
    Most video websites, such as YouTube, use Flash for their videos. A lot of people have problems with the Adobe Flash browser plugin. The most common problem is that the sound is not working. Below you can find 10 solutions for Flash related sound problems.
    I can actually hear YouTube videos fine

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Isa_Efe Log in to see links
    Also, at the start of the link you provided Mark, it states

I can actually hear YouTube videos fine
    First you should download the latest flash plugin - Log in to see links