1. Default Incredible HTC Problem

I finally joined the bandwagon two years ago when I bought my first Smartphone. The Incredible by HTC was brilliant. Had all the apps I wanted...overall it was a great phone.

But 1 year into owning the phone, it started acting strange. One time, the phone deleted all of my SMS messages. Strange. I didn't delete them or touch any settings on my phone. They simply just disappeared.

Fastforward 6 months later, and my phone started to restart and shut itself down. I think they call this "power cycling." I had done all the software updates, and hadn't had any problems with the phone prior.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Now I'm thinking of either getting another HTC or switching to the iphone. I've only heard great things about the HTC, so was wondering if people could share their input. I don't want to spend another couple hundreds of dollars on a phone that's just going to malfunction and die on me for no reason.

Thanks

2. Default

My humble opinion, get a Samsung Galaxy SII...

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

3. Default

I owned a HTC Icredible for over two years when I was on Verizon Wireless and never had any issue with like the ones describe in this thread.. I rooted my device a soon as I got it and never installed any updates unless it was a rooted rom. and maybe if you root your device maybe one of the updates cause the issue...

4. Default

Perhaps. I did install all the updates. How do you root your phone? Sorry to sound ignorant.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jjykim Log in to see links
    Perhaps. I did install all the updates. How do you root your phone? Sorry to sound ignorant.
    A quick look on YouTube will be more help. I think it also varies by phone.

How long does the warranty last on your phone, anyway?

6. Default

Have you tried a factory reset?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystyk27 Log in to see links
    My humble opinion, get a Samsung Galaxy SII...

Aha,maybe S3