Real Steel HD
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Real Steel HD
    Developer: In-house
    Publisher: Jump Games
    Release Date: Out now.
    Format: Android
    Game Features: Unlock all 8 unique Robots.
    Reviewed on: Google Nexus S

Summary

Real Steel is an underworld fighting game set in the near-future, where 2,000 pound robots fight in a no-holds barred battle to the death. Featuring two play modes, you can either fight a roster of Robots (Tournament Mode), each more challenging than the last, or fight in a quick sparring match against your favorite opponents (Free Sparring Mode). Your primary objective: defeat Midas and unlock all 8 unique Robots.

Review

Today I bring you a review on a film based game Real Steel HD... Yeah I hate film based games they're usually badly made, badly styled and short. Now I've never seen the film that Reel Steel is based on and until I played the game I had no idea what I was all about, anyway, review time.

Now if you've played filmed based games before you'll know that they tend to follow the story very loosely, Real Steel HD completely scraps the plot of the film and purely focuses on fighting side of things, which didn't bother me in the slightest, it meant I didn't have to read the usually badly worded cut scenes.
    The fights themselves (when the controls are actually working) tend to be a tad on the boring side, which is a shame because from what I've seen in the trailers the fights look fantastic, they just lack the excitement and action that the film seems to have, mostly due to you running out of stamina all the time that your punches seem like you're some weak old man trying to beat up let's say the Incredible Hulk, it just plain annoying.
    As already mentioned Real Steel HD is based on a film which I've never seen, but looking at some of the trailers online it can be best described as Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots in film form, and like Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots Real Steel HD's controls are horrible and clunky in fact they're some of the worst I've dealt with to date, I can't tell you how many times I've lost in this game due to the fact that the controls are just so unresponsive, hit the punch button and nothing happens, hit it again still nothing, horrible just horrible, movement of your robot is controlled with on-screen buttons on the left hand side of the screen and left punch and right punch being on the right hand side, you can aim your punches by pressing the up or down on the movement controls at the same time as pressing either right or left punch, stringing together punches will soon turn into combos, probably the best thing about the game is when you start up a combo and then hit the 'special attack' button a rather cool cut scene happens and before you know it your opponent’s health takes a beating, doing this at the right time in a match can win you the fight, but because of the poor controls you'll hardly ever get to pull off special attacks, there's just too much lag between you pushing the button and what happens on screen, maybe it was just my phone but I doubt it because other games work just fine.
    Even if you can play the game fine you won't be playing it for long due to the lack of game modes as listed in the game summary, it's simply not good enough, I actually paid for this game, okay I only paid a pound but I expect more.
    Now I haven't talked about the graphics yet and that because I wanted to leave the best until last and by best I mean biggest joke, I can't see how they even dare put HD in the title of this game, now please correct me if I'm wrong but HD stands for high definition, right? Real Steel HD is far from being HD the character models look rough, now I wouldn't have minded if they hadn't put HD in the title, I would have said it's an alright looking game, but they did and for that I must condemn them for it.

Conclusion

So then Real Steel HD, more like Crap Plastic SD, horrible controls, claims to be HD when it clearly isn't, no replay value, you'd have more fun playing Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, that is all.

Screenshots

Graphics: 2/10
    Would have been more but they put HD in the title.

Sound:
    7/10
    Probably the best thing about the game.

Gameplay:
    1/10
    Horrible controls, boring fights.

Story:
    1/10
    There isn't one.

Overall Score: 4 out of 10

2. Default

Next review: Red Bull X-Fighters

3. Default

I wanted to download this game, guess I'm not going to now...

Awaiting new reviews...

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

4. Default

Expect my next one on Saturday.

5. Default

reminds me of rock em sock em robots!

6. Default

That is really awesome game for me thank you.