1. Smile Hi guys, new here, seeking advice.

Hey everyone, just joined up after getting a headache trying to figure out my issue.....

I have a NEC e616v, it's unlocked and on a virgin pay as you go sim....

Now I've been looking around for some games to download for it, Java platform type. Now this is where it's really confusing.... All the games I find for downloading are .jar or .jad files, which the phone does not recognize.... what formats does the phone recognize? I thought all Java stuff was the same but looks like it's not. Can I convert the .jar files into something that the phone will read? Or are there games with different file formats? I've had games on the phone when I first had it, when it was locked into 3 network and downloaded them via the internet on the phone. Looked around everywhere for solutions, can't find anything... Any help is greatly appreciated...

Andrei.

2. Default

well your phone does support java(.jar files) so it should work

some games do require installing too so should try install

3. Default

Ye, that's what I thought... I'll keep trying.. so all java games are .jar or .jad files then?

Install, is that on the phone itself? I never saw the option.. I transferred the files via USB cable, but the phone doesn't open the file... Hence I thought there was a way of either changing the .jar bit or something else...

Thanks.
    Last edited by Cavalier342; 16-01-2012 at 12:17 PM.

4. Default

The phone is coming up to being 10 years old, it's not going to support the latest java games or even the older ones, my advice if you want to play games on your phone try and pick up a cheap SE K800i from somewhere.
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 16-01-2012 at 01:47 PM.

5. Default

Ok mate no worries, cheers for your advice

Think I'll ditch the idea then. Worth a try though.

Cheers.