View Poll Results: Do You have difficulties correctly identifying Captcha images?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • No , I usually don't!

4 80.00%
  • Yes , I do!

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Captcha's - REVEALED !

Captcha's - REVEALED !

Considering the fact that many of us dislike and some have difficulties recognizing the Captcha options on most file hosting sites I figured that it might be interesting to share those that have been correctly identified.

A Captcha should ONLY been posted together with its CORRECT IDENTIFICATION , meaning: upon entering the assumed Captcha "answer" one must have been forwarded to the download link (or whatever entering the Captcha was asked for).

A Captcha image without its correct identification should be considered useless/unsolved as without a proper confirmation of an assumed Captcha answer one can merely guess what it should have been!
    To make this Thread more interesting it can still be posted bearing a note that it is a unsolved Captcha - BUT , lets keep these ones on the low side , don't swarm this Thread with unsolved Captcha's!

Some Captcha's are tricky , others completely butchered and on rare occasions there are some looking quite funny - as such I hope that this Thread picks up some interest and that others will post their Captcha treasures here as well.

Alongside of having some fun this Thread might prove even a little educative in terms of OCR recognition and help members having difficulties correctly identifying Captcha's to get an idea what can be ignored and what asks attention during Captcha recognition.

Hints an tips should be posted along with Captcha examples.

While typing a Captcha's answer make sure You have chosen an appropriate Font Style so that a capital "I" (i) doesn't look like a small "l" (L).

Happy Captcha hunting!

First batch of Captcha's.

01captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg

02captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg

03captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg

Note the line above the "w" in the last "sicurerg wi(0)" Captcha?
    It is of no importance!
    Also , in the second batch , the "oalsda M0,T0" Captcha has cut off tops of the zero's , one might mistaken them for "U" but they are too roundish for a U.
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 18-12-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: More Captcha's...

... some more ...

04captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg

Don't type in the 2/3 cut off "v" of the "welv gestsA" Captcha and You'll get a Wrong Captcha result!

05captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg

06captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 18-12-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Added a note

There annoying, its like going for an eye test.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    There annoying, its like going for an eye test.

Will Rep You as soon as I spread some...

I personally don't mind the Captcha's , they're actually quite interesting to "solve".
    But it is annoying when I have to (correctly) type in dozens of them and keep getting a message that there are no available slots for free users and that I should consider buying an account!

07captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg

6. Default

Can't contribute a lot, solving-wise, but found this little gem just now.

Untitled.png

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Log in to see links
    Can't contribute a lot, solving-wise, but found this little gem just now.

Untitled.png
    = croldse that - the upside down characters are to be typed completely normally , it is a trick to disable automatic OCR recognition embedded in some download managers like JDownloader.

Among these is one that I found being upside down like that , look for the result "onmdefe The":

12captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg

8. Default

Interesting thread, I also read an article somewhere about captcha entries helping in digitizing books or something but I cant find the article but yeah it gets annoying when i get plain weird ones sometimes similar to this one..

captcha.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    Interesting thread, I also read an article somewhere about captcha entries helping in digitizing books or something but I cant find the article but yeah it gets annoying when i get plain weird ones sometimes similar to this one..

captcha.jpg
    Nice Captcha , I didn't encounter one like this for quite a while!
    +Rep

I'd say its "Lploc(Rn)n Netor"

It doesn't matter that the small P and the two N's are out of alignment.
    As long as the characters can be correctly identified and ordered one should write them into the field normally - that is my observation of Captcha's so far.

... more Captcha's ...

08captchasrevealed-Verdana-watermarked.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    It is annoying, indeed.