Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Quitting smoking...

I know smoking is bad...but i just freed myself from the trap of smoking by reading Allen's Carr book(i have 5 days from the last cigare)..i know that for smokers quitting seems like hell on earth but really it's really simple...i know that many smokers will think that i'm just overreacting...but it's not the case..i tried several times before and and it didn't work..but now i'm sure that i can say i'm a nonsmoker...and the feeling is so GOOD...i have been smoking for seven years almost a pack and a half a day(30 cigars a day) and now after the reading of the book i just realized how idiot i was all this years...

If anyone wants to share an opinion on this subject....post here all your thoughts,experiences,etc....

2. Default

Hey Robert, good to see you again after a long time

I'm not a chain smoker, maybe I smoke the occasional cigarette but that's it, I know more than enough not to harm myself

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    Hey Robert, good to see you again after a long time

I'm not a chain smoker, maybe I smoke the occasional cigarette but that's it, I know more than enough not to harm myself
    That is the trick to the whole smokers situation....there is no one cigaret myth...if you read the book..you will discover that if you smoke just a cigar after a period of time after you have quited..it can be a a month,a year,10 years your addiction to nicotine will invade your body again and wash your brain...know i'm not trying to judge nobody....maybe i just realized how fooled i was by my own brain...

I stopped just over 5 years ago now.

No ones opinion, or a book will stop you smoking, only yourself can do that.

5. Default

Agree with Paul, if you want to stop then you will...

I personally started smoking really early and I stopped around 16/17, though I went on smoking other stuffs...

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

The hardest part for me was when i had alcohol. It took me ages to get over that craving of wanting a cig when i was drinking. Might be different for anyone else, but id been use to that since i was about 14 drinking cider on shops etc.

You will get in funny moods if you do stop, but defo worth it.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    The hardest part for me was when i had alcohol. It took me ages to get over that craving of wanting a cig when i was drinking. Might be different for anyone else, but id been use to that since i was about 14 drinking cider on shops etc.

You will get in funny moods if you do stop, but defo worth it.
    Well i drink my coffee without a problem and it tastes better to...i had some drinks yesterday and i didn't had any feel to smoke even if my friends smoked and one of them blowed some smoke to my face to make me smoke again)(the funny thing is that i can't stand the smell of cigar now) ...maybe i wasn't so addicted to nicotine don't know for sure but i tell you this that book is a gift to smokers who want to quit..my personal opinion...
    Last edited by Outlaw; 29-10-2011 at 12:47 AM.

8. Default

Well I'm glad you quit, that's great. I've tried over and over only to fail. I kind of agree with Paul, I want to quit smoking but I also think there's some small part that doesn't want to. So that's why it never works. I've been smoking since I was 12, that's 18 years now. I was once up to 3 packs a day, luckily I only smoke 1 pack most days. I also suffer from MDD (Major Depressive Disorder) which also makes it twice as hard for me to quit even with my depression medication. I hope that one day I will be able to though, for my wife and son if anything.

9. Default Quitting smoking was never so easy

Hi All
    This is my very own amd personal experience which i would like to share with u all that to quit smoking or drinking or any other habit one feels is not able to quit should learn REIKI.
    Reiki is a Japenese art which connects u to Cosmic energy and heals u of any disease, even those thouht uncurable.
    I am not a Reiki master but only a student who has derived great benefit from this art (healing technique)
    Anyone interested can search the internet, do ypur own study and find a suitable master near u to gain immense benefit of this healing technique.

I would like to disclaim that i am not here to promote anyone or anything but only to let all members know that there are things in this world which can help them, they just need to know the exact source.
    Life is beautiful and all deserve to live a abundant life.
    Thanks and blessings

10. Default

'grats to you for managing it.

Personally I still don't see why anyone would even want to do it, but that's just me.
    Besides. After my granddad had a stroke due to it, I've never even wanted to go near the things.