Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Arrow [FAQ] How to make your own MP3 Ringtones

Method 1: Make MP3 Ringtones Online using our Online MP3 Ringtone Maker

Method 2:
    Make MP3 Ringtones Offline using the instructions below.

Requirements:

• Log in to see links (Free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder that converts MP3,WAV, Ogg Vorbis and more)
    • Log in to see links (Download and unzip it to your Audacity installation folder - C:\Program Files\Audacity\)

Instructions for Audacity 1.2.6:
    1. On your computer, select the MP3 song you would like to use, Right click > Open with and select Audacity
    2. Select the area of the MP3 you would like to use as your ringtone (click Edit > Cut, now click Edit > Select > All, then click Edit > Paste)
    3. Specify the quality of your ringtone: Click Edit > Preferences > File Formats. I recommend 96 kbps (44100 Hz); Although, 56 or 64 kbps (22050 Hz) may be better if your phone restricts ringtones over a certain file size. Here you can also specify the MP3 Library version: Click Find Library, then navigate to and select the lame_enc.dll
    4. Set the Project Rate (bottom left of main window) to 44100 (for 96 kbps or higher ringtones) or 22050 (for 64kbps or lower ringtones)
    5. File > Export As MP3

Instructions for Audacity 1.3.5 or later:
    1. On your computer, select the MP3 song you would like to use, Right click > Open with and select Audacity
    2. Select the area of the MP3 you would like to use as your ringtone (click Edit > Cut, now click Edit > Select > All, then click Edit > Paste)
    3. Specify the MP3 Library version: Click Edit > Preferences > Import / Export > Click Find Library, then navigate to and select the lame_enc.dll
    4. Set the Project Rate (bottom left of main window) to 44100 (for 96 kbps or higher ringtones) or 22050 (for 64kbps or lower ringtones)
    5. File > Export
    6. Click Options - Here you can specify the quality of your ringtone (I recommend 96kbps; Although, 56 or 64kbps may be better if your phone restricts ringtones over a certain file size).
    7. When done, click OK, then click Save (Make sure you select Save as type as MP3).

If you're having problems with installing the LAME MP3 encoder, please Log in to see links

Once your ringtone is created, you can transfer it to your phone via USB Cable, Bluetooth or put it straight onto your Memory Card (if you have a card reader). If you do not have a USB Cable or Bluetooth, you can upload it to our wapsite HERE, and download it via your phone for free (carrier charges apply).

Want to share your ringtone with other M24 Members? If your MP3 Ringtone does not exceed 30 seconds, you are welcome to upload and share it with other M24 members HERE and earn Reward Points (subject to approval).

Please post any questions below.
    ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

Last edited by Karl; 26-03-2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: New Updated Tutorial

2. Default

cheers karl . lol daughter allways asking me how to do

You're welcome! I'm glad to be of help!

4. Default Trouble Getting Ringtone to Play

I recently got the new Samsung Blackjack and have been putting stuff on it like crazy. The MP3 ringtones on this site all seem to work fine, so I thought I'd try my hand at creating my own since the song I want is next to impossible to find. I created a 47 second MP3 clip of the song using Atomix Virtual DJ. Here are the stats...

Duration: 0:00:47
    Bit Rate: 64kbps
    Channels 2(stereo)
    Audio Sample Rate: 44khz

these are identical to the You're Not Alone-4835 (by Olive) ringtone on your freetones page (which plays perfectly on my phone). Problem is my tone I created won't play for some reason. Is there something else I'm missing? I also have another mp3 ringtone purchased through Cingular of WuTangs - C.R.E.A.M. however it's format is .mp3-drm (should I be using something to convert them to this format instead?)

Thanks in advance for your help

5. Default

1stly, should have started a new topic for this one matey.

Also, i cant imagine what it could be which is stopping you playing it... Sounds like a problem with the way it was recorded? Have you tried listening to the shortened mp3 in windows media player or anything? What track was this?

As for the mp3-drm.. im not too sure what that is about... You can convert it to mp3 using Log in to see links.

If this doesnt work, you can always request tones for free and someone will be happy to help...

6. Default

Sorry about the "new topic" thing...I'll do that now.

7. Default

lol, its okay mate- just incase someone else might know any better than me and might not see the message

8. Default

I've been trying to upload a file that I ran through Audacity with 44100Hz and a bitrate of 64. Then wen I go to upload it says that it has a sampling rate of 24000 and its not acceptable... Any ideas?

-Ryan

9. Default

Send me that file on mail [E-mail removed]
    Maybe I can see what is the problem.

Sorry Ryan, I didn't put in the FAQ that the Project Rate needed to be set to 22050