1. Default cant get jar file to open on pc or phone

trying to download an ebook but its a jar file for some reason and all i get when i try to open it on pc is 'failed to load main class manifest attribute'. when downloaded to phone it puts it in my av player as a jar file and my av player dont recognise it.. any ideas anyone??? thanx

Arrow Running Java files on PC

You can run Java files on Your PC by using a emulator like SJBoy , try
    THIS one posted by Karl.
    You can also try other emulators like Nokia SDK (S40/S60), or KEmulator - but SJBoy should do just fine for eBooks!

Additionally , if not already installed , You might need to install Java Runtime Environment on Your PC in order to properly play Java files through an Java emulator.
    Free to download here:

In order to run Java files on Your phone it must support them.
    Not all handsets support Java files , some have very poor support - it depends on what handset You are using!

For more help post additional info regarding what handset/mobile phone You are using and which eBook(s) You are trying to run.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nicademous Log in to see links
    trying to download an ebook but its a jar file for some reason and all i get when i try to open it on pc is 'failed to load main class manifest attribute'. when downloaded to phone it puts it in my av player as a jar file and my av player dont recognise it.. any ideas anyone??? thanx
    Please Mention your phone brand and model.And you have an installed jar emulator in your PC?

4. Default

thanx for the quick reply. i have tried the emulator and it opens the file but each section of the book is presented as a gom file, when tried to open gom cant read it 'codec needed' but it cant find one. i have downloaded java and java runtime to be sure i had them and still nothing. the book is 'the nine lives of chloe king' and my phone is an iphone 4. i have changed the dat part to doc and it opens in microsoft word but i would have to change every file and still it wouldn't work on the phone. ive even tried changing the dat part to prc and downloading kindle but kindle wont open it even tho it now says it kindle supported.im assuming it wont work on the iphone but i was hoping to change the format to one it understood.. hope this all makes sense to u.. thanx

iPhones won't be able to run Java files unfortunately.

For ebooks, you can download Epub ebooks.
    http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/free-epub-ebooks

6. Default

Awesome, thats the one. Downloaded and found on iphone. Thanx for your help :-)