1. Talking MSDict Viewer: All dictionaries for android without install

Mobisystems is a developer focused in mobile phones and has lots of dictionaries. Nowadays, in adroid, it sells dictionaries in the market, one by one. But before that, a couple of years ago (when android was nothing), the released a MSDic viewer for android, version 1.0.

They never updated it, but later they based their individual releases in it, when they noticed the commerial potential of Android. I think that this app can run every possible dictionary without the need to install it. Why?, because the same reader exists for symbian and it works that way.

Problem? There is no documentation about the andoird app. So I don't know where dictionary files need to be stored, and what format they use. MSDict is a format itself, but the file presentation seems to change. So would this work with the simbian dictionary databases (the android app is from 2009)? What I know is that the developers changed it so new individual dictionary versions are not listed in the original old viewer.

But this could be the holy grial of android dictionaries. I see lots of efforts cracking the invidual dictionary apks, when the universal viewer can work in android as it does in other systems: one app, all the dictionarie databases.

1. The android apk is aviable here free for direct download -> files.brothersoft.com/mobile_software/mobile_dictionary/msdict_26220.apk

2. The symbian version of the app, with all the dictionaries aviable -> gsmfiles.info/all-the-dictionaries-you-need-100-working

Please, just check it if you can! Thanks!

2. Default

Hey, any news about this? I'm try to look into but all they've got is individual dictionary. Kinda nuisance when trying to switch through them.

3. Default

Could someone figure out how it works? Please!

4. Default

Thanks for the brilliant idea! Do u know where to paste the .pdb files (folder address)?

5. Default

No. We need someone with knowledge to read the java code to see how it works and modify it if needed. I see a lot of people cracking dictionaries one by one, so I think this is worth a try. If it's been done in symbian since years ago, why not Android wich should be easier?

6. Default

7. Default

:/.....................