Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Smile culd mobiles24 users help??

i posted a post a few weeks ago about the speed of mobiles24 account.

the speed hasnt improved it actually got worst, i think this is due to the amount of users

is the problem to do wiv the user private messages or something. is there anyway mobiles24 users can help to make the site faster??

thx

P.S. moderators thx for replying to my last post

As I said in an earlier thread, I am trying my best to rectify the situation and agree that it can't continue. To give you a better idea what we are doing....

We were hoping to move the site to alternative web server software (LiteSpeed) yesterday, but due to complications we had to switch back to our current software (Apache).

We are now awaiting a bug fix from the company who makes LiteSpeed in the next day or two. Once we've moved to the new software, we will monitor the performance - if the situation does not mprove, our last resort is another server (which is expensive and why we are having to try other alternatives).

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience the slowness is causing everyone. I can guarantee you that it will not continue much longer so would ask for your patience while we resolve this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cornet1994 Log in to see links
    i posted a post a few weeks ago about the speed of mobiles24 account.

the speed hasnt improved it actually got worst, i think this is due to the amount of users
    When you say slow, what do you mean exactly? Does it take more than a minute to open a page or is it something else, because honestly, I don't have any problems from here. Maybe it's slower at night though. I only post during the day so I wouldn't know.

4. Smile

so i guess the users of mobiles24 cannot help.

plz dont apologise for the slowness i realise it isnt ur fault for it.

also i mean by slow over 1min to load a page and it normally slows up at 5pm GMT time (british time 5pm).

thx again

p.s. i do realise ur trying ur best!!!

also i mean by slow over 1min to load a page and it normally slows up at 5pm GMT time (british time 5pm).
    5PM GMT is our busiest period which explains why it slows, but it shouldn't take more than a minute for a page to load (I guess it depends on your connection speed). Nevertheless, we realise there is a problem and as I said, it will be resolved.

6. Thumbs up

i know it isnt my connection speed because im on broadband and all the other sites i go on load up almost instantly. however thxs for reply yet again and i hope u dont think im a pain for making this thread

thxs again

7. Thumbs up

i went on yesterday (friday 7pm onwards) and the speed of mobiles24 was alot faster, the week before that was quite slow, so i dont know if u have now sucessfully improved the speed of the site but i do see improvements

thxs alot mobiles24

We switched across to LiteSpeed last night, but I can't be sure whether this has yet solved the speed issues. Please let me know how things go for you from now.

9. Thumbs up

ok karl ill keep in touch

thxs

10. Default

i never have any problems with speed it works quite fast when i open pages or links or download ect and if there is a difference in speed when high traffick its only few seconds