Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Need Advice!!!

1,241 RP
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

Exclamation Need Advice!!!

Hey guys!

Its been 7 months since I bought my Nokia 5800 and I'm really tired of it.

So, I'm thinking about ditching all Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Samsung phones, and going for an Apple iPhone 3Gs.

1. So I need advice, should I buy an iPhone?

2. My 5800 supports many apps without hacking, does the iPhone support 3rd party apps without Jailbreaking?

3. And what about internet browsing? Is the Safari browser any good? 5800's native browser is a total disappointment! I've only used Opera Mini and Opera Mobile on this one, the native browser is really... slow... Still the S60v5 phones don't have a decent browser, and the demand for these phones is dead so I don't think there'll be any improvement in the software.

4. About the battery, I have to charge 5800 every morning, and by the end of the day its almost drained. So what about the iPhone's battery? Will it last at least for 2 days?

5. What sort of a Memory Card does it support? Will my usual SD card work in it?

Need advice!!! Help me!

Site Contributor
    2,596 RP
    Contributor Java Contributor Ringtone Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    Romania
    Thanks

Yes, you should either buy an iPhone or an Android phone. There are a lot of gameloft games coming to Android phones these days. But the iPhone is a completely different phone. I s***est you go for it iPhone doesn't support any external card, it has its own memory. Battery should last for 2 days if you're not playing too much on it. As the web browser, Safari is way slower than Opera, so, you should get Opera Mini with it.
    Last edited by emil07; 05-03-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Site Moderator
    11,251 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Android Contributor Theme Contributor Video Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Liked (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Buy an Android.

Site Moderator
    3,203 RP
    Contributor Ringtone Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks

I'm currently using an iPhone and I have to say that it's a pretty nice phone. Initially, I had my reservations on the iPhone but now I'm using one, I actually like it.

Yeah, there's still lots of apps you can get for free without jailbreaking but lots of them are the 'lite'version'. Besides, jailbreaking lets you really customize your iThing, so I would recommend jailbreaking to get all the great apps and for customization. And the iPhone has LOTS of great apps and games.

Internet surfing is great, but as Emil said, Safari is pretty slow, so I would recommend getting a faster browser as well.

Battery life? I will be honest, the battery life sucks for me but I use mine for lots of internet surfing (Eats battery life alot esp if you're on Wifi) and music at the same time. But it should be fine if you don't play too much on it.

No, the iPhone doesn't support any cards as all but you most probably won't need one anyway, it has it's own large internal memory.
    Last edited by Vivian; 06-03-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Site Moderator
    254 RP
    Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

I agree totally with emil and Vivian, use Opera Mini instead of the Safari browser.

My friend had one, after he'd had 2 android phones before it. He's stuck with iPhones ever since now.

And I've seen an iPhone battery last 2 days in freezing cold conditions that would normally suck a battery dry.

I'd say go for the iPhone.

Site Moderator
    11,251 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Android Contributor Theme Contributor Video Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Liked (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    I'm currently using an iPhone and I have to say that it's a pretty nice phone. Initially, I had my reservations on the iPhone but now I'm using one, I actually like it.

Yeah, there's still lots of apps you can get for free without jailbreaking but lots of them are the 'lite'version'. Besides, jailbreaking lets you really customize your iThing, so I would recommend jailbreaking to get all the great apps and for customization. And the iPhone has LOTS of great apps and games.

Internet surfing is great, but as Emil said, Safari is pretty slow, so I would recommend getting a faster browser as well.

Battery life? I will be honest, the battery life sucks for me but I use mine for lots of internet surfing (Eats battery life alot esp if you're on Wifi) and music at the same time. But it should be fine if you don't play too much on it.

No, the iPhone doesn't support any cards as all but you most probably won't need one anyway, it has it's own large internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I agree totally with emil and Vivian, use Opera Mini instead of the Safari browser.

My friend had one, after he'd had 2 android phones before it. He's stuck with iPhones ever since now.

And I've seen an iPhone battery last 2 days in freezing cold conditions that would normally suck a battery dry.

I'd say go for the iPhone.
    But you both have an iphone, so your bound to say get an iphone.

Buy an Android, better than iphone, and getting better all the time.

Site Moderator
    254 RP
    Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    But you both have an iphone, so your bound to say get an iphone.
    SE W995 actually.

To be honest, this is just like the xBox vs. PS3 war. There never will be a victor, or not unleast until Google sorts themselves out a bit, or drops completely.

Android is still evolving whereas the iOS has got itself sorted.

It's most likely a matter of taste. Maybe you could go into a shop and test one of each?

Site Moderator
    3,203 RP
    Contributor Ringtone Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks

I agree with Joe.

I've used a SE Xperia X8, which is a great phone as well.

It's just a matter of taste. I don't mind both Android and iOS actually Both are great OSes.

Site Moderator
    11,251 RP
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

True its a matter of taste.

Didn't know you use to have an X8 Vivian, great phone. I only went for it as was cheap an wanted to try Android, love it.. just texting can be annoying, the amount of texts ive sent an got replies asking if am drunk

1,241 RP
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

I think I'll go for an iPhone... because where I live, its difficult to get hold of an Android phone... And the ones I've seen here, are way to expensive for me! And the cheap ones only come with a particular network...

Just one more thing, how's the texting on an iPhone? I'm addicted to texting... and my network is providing me with 500 texts and 100 mms per day! So I'd really like to have a phone with easier texting... 5800 sucks on this feature as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last