Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Need Advice!!!

Site Contributor
    6,400 RP
    Contributor Java Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze) Popular Downloads (Bronze) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    India
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    I think I'll go for an iPhone... because where I live, its difficult to get hold of an Android phone... And the ones I've seen here, are way to expensive for me! And the cheap ones only come with a particular network...

Just one more thing, how's the texting on an iPhone? I'm addicted to texting... and my network is providing me with 500 texts and 100 mms per day! So I'd really like to have a phone with easier texting... 5800 sucks on this feature as well...
    qwerty phones r best in texting...
    I will s***est u android.

Site Moderator
    3,203 RP
    Contributor Ringtone Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks

I think I'll go for an iPhone... because where I live, its difficult to get hold of an Android phone... And the ones I've seen here, are way to expensive for me! And the cheap ones only come with a particular network...

Just one more thing, how's the texting on an iPhone? I'm addicted to texting... and my network is providing me with 500 texts and 100 mms per day! So I'd really like to have a phone with easier texting... 5800 sucks on this feature as well...
    The texting is ok to me. I text quite alot on mine and the virtual keyboard is pretty nice for texting. But then, as battuji said, if you're a texting addict, you may want a phone with a hardware qwerty keyboard (Though I hate hardware qwertys as they're either too tiny or add too much bulk on a phone )

1,241 RP
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

I don't like hardware keys as well... They are way too small! I've been using a virtual keyboard on my 5800, and I'm quite used to it... The virtual keyboard on an iPhone is BOUND to be better than 5800's! Right???

I found this article via google, very useful for people trying to choose between Android and iPhone: Virtual Keyboards on iPhone and Android
    Last edited by GamerGal; 12-03-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Site Moderator
    3,203 RP
    Contributor Ringtone Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks

I don't like hardware keys as well... They are way too small! I've been using a virtual keyboard on my 5800, and I'm quite used to it... The virtual keyboard on an iPhone is BOUND to be better than 5800's! Right???
    True.

I own a Vivaz (Also a Symbian S60v5 like the 5800) as well and I couldn't text on that at all since having my iPhone.

0 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

I think you'd be miles better off with a 'android' mobile,
    or some version of a 'tablet'.
    I think that any applications/software has to downloaded
    from an apple site. Or, if you're able to, download the
    applications/software/music from a 3rd party, and use
    a software/media converter. Then you'll be able to transfer
    it to the iphone(what a palaver!).
    But, one thing I am 100% certain about, is the iphones
    battery is built-in, and therefore, you're unable to get a
    spare one (if like me, out for hours dog walking & messing
    about on the wap!).

I hope that this has been of some assistance to you
    and good luck in finding your ideal mobile!

Android or iPhone is good solutiuon for you.
    How to select:
    Take in to account following differences between iPhone and Android mobiles, and mark, which feature is most valuable for you, personally:

1) Brandness (stylish, ...) iPhone is more cool, sexy, and expected in some society formations. For example, in my country, people stupidetelly beleive, that owner of iPhone is successive man
    2) Price. iPhone mobiles generally os more expensive than Android ones. China-manufactured "noname" mobiles line Oppo, Zopo, Yaju, Thl, etc in 4-5 times chaeper than unlocked iPhone!
    3) Baterry life. iPhone is a little bit better than most of Android phones. But last times there are some Android devices, that can live 2-3 days without recharging
    4) Ability to spend money for adding apps. In App Store there are a lot of quality apps, but most of them are not free. In Google Play most apps are free, and there is a big piracy issues in Android market.

Page 2 of 2 First 12