View Poll Results: Is Real Football 2011 a good introduction to football games for newcomers?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 78.57%
  • No

1 7.14%
  • Never played

2 14.29%
  1. Default Review: Real Football 2011

Real Football 2011
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Real Football 2011
    Developer: In-house.
    Publisher: Gameloft.
    Release Date: Out now.
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Completely revamped graphics and animations with realistic players, stadiums and lighting effects.
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

We've brought the game to an all-new playing field for the most realistic football experience ever: Witness cool new graphics and animations; experience the intensity of being a real football champion like David Villa; and lead your favourite team, including all the real players, to victory. Numerous game modes provide endless hours of fun. You can even challenge friends via Bluetooth Multiplayer mode and rise to the top of the global leaderboard.

Review

This week Real Football 2011, one of the more popular franchises in today's mobile game world, now I've never been much of a fan of football games on mobile, probably due to a bad encounter with Fifa 2009, but I've always had a form of respect for the Real Football games.

And Real Football 2011 keeps up the tradition of being the best on mobile, with superb graphics, excellent controls and realistic movement, Real Football 2011 really does put other mobile football games to shame, anyway I'm babbling here, let's get down to business.
    We'll start with controls, as with all other Real Football games, the controls Real Football sticks with the traditional layout, so veterans of Real Football games will be able to pick up and play with ease. '5' key being pass, surrounding keys being movement, and holding '0' to shoot. It is a little trickier this time around with the more complex moves, but after a few games you'll soon get the gist of things and scoring goals for fun.
    First time players of the game should pick up the controls easily enough, but if you do find yourself struggling there is a training mode which will teach you the ins and outs of the game, and you'll soon be playing like a pro, training mode has ten levels in all, learning the disciplines of football, all of which you can earn medals in.
    Keeping with the theme of modes, Real Football has it's fair share, training as already mentioned, normal mode which consists of friendly matches, tournaments and league. Other modes involve historic matches, World Cup (Int. Cup) and Enter the Legend.
    As mentioned before, the graphics are superb, they're well detailed and smooth, superior to previous titles. I particularly liked the the surrounding stadium graphics, which in replays look great and add real atmosphere.
    The lack of licensed teams might put some people off, but for others it won't, for me it didn't, probably because it doesn't include Bristol City, but neither do most football games, yes I support a poor football team.
    Anyway, for fans of the Real Football franchise they'll feel right at home with 2011, and for newcomers I feel as if this is a great introduction to footballing games on mobile, it's just and easy game to pick up and play, it's another In-house/Gameloft game that's just sheer brilliance.

Conclusion

There's always that one game out there from a genre you don't like playing that's actually good, and for me Real Football 2011 is that that game, don't get me wrong, I like football games, just not mobile ones, but Real Football 2011 has that something special about it, it's almost like an old Fifa game on the Sega Mega Drive and I loved those games.

Screenshots

Graphics: 9/10
    Some of the best out there.

Sound:
    9/10
    Better than most.

Gameplay:
    10/10
    Fun and simple with good replay value.

Story:
    7/10
    Though league mode can get a little tedious at times for most part it's fun.

Overall Score: 8.5 out of 10
    silver.gif

Download the game: Here.
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 02-11-2010 at 09:50 PM.

2. Default

Next review: Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth Defence

3. Default

Great review. Waiting for the LOTR one.

4. Default

Thanks.

It should be up on Saturday.

Great Review mate!
    Gameplay 10 out of 10!
    Last edited by Vishay; 04-11-2010 at 04:09 PM.

6. Default

Nice Review mate great job rep when i can but i think that Graphics was 10/10
    Signature exceeds allowed size.

7. Default

Thanks guys.

8. Default

There will be no reviews this week, simply because I'm going to be rather busy and won't have the time to play any of the games I wanted to review.

9. Default

Update: Next review within the next few days.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpaghetti Log in to see links
    There will be no reviews this week, simply because I'm going to be rather busy and won't have the time to play any of the games I wanted to review.
    Hello I know thread is old but there is one post today. Just want to purchase good football game. Can you share nice review on latest games?
    Last edited by shockersdud; 28-01-2013 at 06:08 AM.