View Poll Results: Does the lack of replayability let MoH down?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 58.33%
  • No

3 25.00%
  • Never played

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Review: Medal of Honor (2010)

Medal of Honor (2010)
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Medal of Honor (2010)
    Developer: EA Mobile.
    Publisher: EA Mobile.
    Release Date: Out now.
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Enter a persistent battlefield – the destruction that occurs during a mission is visible in subsequent missions if you move through the same area of combat.
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

When the mission must not fail, you are called on. You are a Tier 1 Operator a new breed of warfighter for a new kind of war.
    Utilize each handpicked warrior's exclusive skill set to fight an elusive enemy in unforgiving combat conditions across Ground Combat, Sniper, Stealth, and Bombing Run modes. With precision control plus furious firepower, infiltrate and destroy enemy positions on the persistent battlefield.

Review

This week we have Medal of Honor, and you'll never guess what, I don't have this on Xbox, I'm more of a Battlefield man myself. As I haven't played this on the Xbox I have no expectations of this game and nothing to compare it to.

How can I describe the latest game in the MoH series? It's not exactly what you'd expect from a MoH game, it's not what I'd call an action game, more of a stealth meets puzzle game. Though you can go out running and gunning at everyone you see, it's more important that you avoid them and wait for the right time to attack, otherwise you'll just end up dying hence the stealth part. In terms of the game being a puzzler I don't mean that you'll have to go around solving mysteries or putting things together, that would just be silly, what I mean is that you have to work your way though your enemy using the right weapons, use the wrong one and you'll find yourself in a spot of bother.
    Firing your weapon as is with most games is done by pressing the '5' button, but unlike most shooters on the mobile MoH uses a automatic aimer which moves up and down the enemies body from head to toe, meaning that timing is essential if you want a one shot kill when facing two or more enemy, anywhere other than the head will usually end up needing another two or three shots for the kill and also increasing your chances of being killed.
    If you've played more than a few mobile shooters like myself you'll know that they can get repetitive rather quickly, to ensure that doesn't happen in MoH the developers have thrown in a few special missions just to keep things fresh, one of these specials missions involves you having a go at sniping (I only mentioned that because I like sniping games), it's a nice break from the bulk of the game.
    MoH does have it's weak points and sadly MoH weak point is a big one, the lack of replayability is huge, the fact that you have to follow a set way of playing and that you can't be creative in what you do in the game, meaning that no matter what, every time you play through the game it's always going to be almost exactly the same everytime, if you're only going for a one time play through what I just said doesn't really matter in terms of gameplay, well apart from your own creative twist that you get to put into the game.
    Medal of Honor is most certainly a challenging game, but that's what makes it fun to play, EA really have got it right this time, not only is the gameplay balanced perfectly to keep the player on their toes between levels but the graphics are also balanced perfectly to ensure smooth and reliable gameplay, whist I was playing on my now what may be considered ancient phone I hardly ever notice any drop in frame rate, and to be honest it's not a bad looking game either.

Conclusion

Though I haven't got anything to compare Medal of Honor to, I feel as if it sets a new benchmark for todays mobile shooters/war games, this game would have achieved what would have been a perfect score but sadly the lack of replayability lets it down.

Screenshots

Graphics: 10/10
    Not only good to look at but also help the game run smoothly.

Sound:
    8/10
    Better than most.

Gameplay:
    6/10
    Fun to play but the lack of replayability lets it down.

Story:
    9/10
    Intriguing.

Overall Score: 8 out of 10
    silver.gif

Download the game: Here.

Awesome review, Aaron. Thanks!!!

Great review as always , but only 6 out of 10 for gameplay??

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vishay Log in to see links
    Great review as always , but only 6 out of 10 for gameplay??
    It would have been higher as I said, but the lack of replayability marked it down.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BluSky Log in to see links
    Awesome review, Aaron. Thanks!!!
    Sorry Blu, I didn't see your post.

Thanks.

6. Default

Next Review: Mega Tower Assault

7. Default

the game was great and the review owsome
    Signature exceeds allowed size.

8. Default

Another awesome review

9. Default

Cheers guys.

10. Default

Update: Next review will be up on Wednesday.