1. Question Problem D/l ing Apss etc. onto SE X10 Mini pro

Please Help
    I have tried downloading games and apps. to my mini pro from pc and then transferred via data cable AND via mobile internet link straight onto phone and all it is downloading is the html code-funnily enough I am not a computer and cannot read that much code
    I have downloaded andexplorer file manager from android market but still no help,totally stuck now-with java phones I was d/l ing all the time but with my newer android phone I just can't work out how to d/l from m24.

Firstly, make sure the Apps are in .apk format.

Make sure you have allowed the installation of Non-Market Apps: Go to Settings > Applications and mark the Unkown sources checkbox.

When downloading from the full site via your handset, then apps may download as .htm. I'm not sure why this happens, but we're trying to find a fix. Renaming the file to .apk using a file manager (I recommend using ASTRO File Manager) will allow the App to install correctly.

The WAP site downloads the files correctly (.apk), so you should be able to install apps as soon as the download is complete. We are working on a new touch friendly version of the site (with search capabilities etc), which will be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Log in to see links
    Firstly, make sure the Apps are in .apk format.

Make sure you have allowed the installation of Non-Market Apps: Go to Settings > Applications and mark the Unkown sources checkbox.

When downloading from the full site via your handset, then apps may download as .htm. I'm not sure why this happens, but we're trying to find a fix. Renaming the file to .apk using a file manager (I recommend using ASTRO File Manager) will allow the App to install correctly.

The WAP site downloads the files correctly (.apk), so you should be able to install apps as soon as the download is complete. We are working on a new touch friendly version of the site (with search capabilities etc), which will be released soon.
    That's great news!! Excellent Job Mark and Karl

I am looking forward to the new mobiles24.com

4. Default

That's brilliant thanks for the reply
    -will try again with your method as soon as I can.

5. Default

woo hoo it works Thank you so much I have downloaded angry birds(doesn't work but does have music so I think that the screen on the mini pro is too small) and 8 ball (works perfectly) as testers -all I had to do was rename files from .html to .apk
    Rep+ for the both of you,just wish I could give more.

6. Default

i know its late replay,but i hope it will help someone else.for angry birds when u hear music and see blue screen,lock the screen and then unlock it,it will be resized and u'll be able to play.this trick work with other games too(zenonia).i hope i helped