View Poll Results: Is C&C 4 a good introduction to newcomers of the series?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • No

1 12.50%
  • Never Played

1 12.50%
  1. Default Review: Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
    Developer: EA Mobile
    Publisher: EA Mobile
    Release Date:Out now.
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Choose offensive or defensive classes from the equally potent GDI or Nod factions, and for the first time.
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

Play the epic climax of the sci-fi saga! Kane returns with sinister force in the most anticipated RTS experience ever made for mobile!
    Choose offensive or defensive classes from the equally potent GDI or Nod factions, and for the first time, command the mobile Crawler base and move it anywhere on the map. Mobilize for an all-out action-strategy blitz across two fateful campaigns featuring innovative RPG-style character progression.
    Kane. GDI. Nod. Tiberium. How will it end?

Review

This week Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, not quite sure why, I don't actually like the Command & Conquer series, but saying that a lot of people do, I'm a Age of Empires player myself, but that's totally irrelevant. Unlike previous weeks there's no question about how the game stacks up compared to previous titles or it's console version simply because I've never played any of the previous titles in the Command & Conquer series.

First things first the graphics... The graphics of this game are just well, I reviewed Splinter Cell: Conviction last week and I said that the graphics set a new benchmark for java games, well it looks like Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight has topped that benchmark, the graphics a sublime, a joy to look at, and you know what? The sound isn't half bad either, both of these mixed together leave units not only looking like menacing killing machines but sounding like them too.
    Gameplay, as I've already said, I don't play C&C but what I do know is that the games are RTS, and being a player of RTS games they usually consist of large scale battles and building vast cites/bases, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight however doesn't really focus on that, it focuses more on having a few units push forward to attack other units, now as I've already touched upon Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight doesn't focus on building large bases, so what do you get instead? Well not so much as a base but a unit which acts as one, not only that it's also your strongest unit and that's the Crawler which can either be offensive or defensive depending on which you choose before the start of each level, of which there are twelve, both offensive and defensive crawlers have their advantages and disadvantages; The offensive Crawler allows for more annihilative special attacks and for more units to become available, whilst the defensive Crawlers have turrets for protecting nodes.
    Again another area I've already touched upon is the fact that RTS games usually have large scale battles, well this being a mobile game don't expect them, this is due to the fact that the amount of units you can have at anyone time is limited to nine, that's right nine not including the Crawler, so if like me you play the Age of Empires games you'll feel somewhat disappointed by this.
    Now as you may or may not know my biggest gripe with mobile games is the controls, usually they're clunky and stubborn, but these pass to weeks I've been blessed with two games with superb controls, at no point in Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight do you feel out of control over any facet of the game.
    Now my one big problem with this game is that there is no Skirmish mode which is a real shame considering how short the campaign mode is, and when I say short I really do mean short, you'll have the game finished within a few hours, but I will say this, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight is a well polished and solid game, which in the relatively short hours you will spend playing it you will have a lot of fun.

Conclusion

Now I know there wasn't a question being asked of Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, but it has answered one and that is... Does Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight make first time players of the series want to play some more? Well the answer to that is yes, because if this is what C&C is like as a mobile game the rest of the series be it on mobile or PC must be a joy to play if you're and RTS fan.

Screenshots

Graphics: 10/10
    Perfect.

Sound:
    8/10
    Better than most.

Game play:
    10/10
    Simple and easy and very fun.

Story:
    4/10
    Very short.

Overall Score: 8 out of 10
    silver.gif

Download the game: Here.
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 06-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.

2. Default

Good review! This is a nice game but I think Red Alert is better.

3. Default

I've not played Red Alert, I'll have to give it a go.

4. Default

Next review; Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Great review Aaron!

6. Default

Nice one waiting for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    Signature exceeds allowed size.

7. Default

Thanks guys...

And you won't have to wait too long for the next one, I'm almost done playing.

8. Default

Well seeming as I have nothing better to do today...

The next review will be out sometime tomorrow.
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 01-10-2010 at 05:28 PM.

9. Default

Great review.thanks