Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Exclamation Problems with installing themes/apps/games

Hi,

i use mobiles24 already for a long time, and i had much pleasure by downloading and installing many apps, themes, games, etc... This was a fews monthes ago. yesterday I checked mobiles24 again and downloaded a few games. something strange happened, because the games stood in .jar.zip even the apps. logically, i tought that the zipfile would be into the zip package, however, if i open such zip file. i get a list with lots of files. i've tried to convert them or install them without succes. my phone is a nokia 5220 xpressmusic (s40).

Thanks for reading and i hope for a quick and good response

Kind regards

ps:some games like Catan - The First Island (240x320) worked months ago perfectly for me. now i cant install them on my phone.

2. Default

try to rename the .zip file to .jar
    Signature exceeds allowed size.

3. Default

[QUOTE=gelus;329277]try to rename the .zip file to .jar[/QUOTE
    just renaming doesnt work,
    if you download a java app, wich sort of file is it?
    a .jar or a .jar.zip ?

kind regards

4. Default

A game/app is supposed to be .jar .. For nokia you might need a jad file, which you can create with jadmaker. If its zip, just unpack, unless its already the jar file with changed ending, like .jar.zip or just .zip.
    Hope this helps a bit.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SpacePlefka Log in to see links
    A game/app is supposed to be .jar .. For nokia you might need a jad file, which you can create with jadmaker. If its zip, just unpack, unless its already the jar file with changed ending, like .jar.zip or just .zip.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    i have a nokia 5220 xpressmusic.
    it is, like you said, the jar file with changed ending.
    can you give me a link to jadmaker? but jad files doesnt work ont my phone :s (cuz you can also downoad .jad files from mobiles24

kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by Sotavent Log in to see links
    i have a nokia 5220 xpressmusic.
    it is, like you said, the jar file with changed ending.
    can you give me a link to jadmaker? but jad files doesnt work ont my phone :s (cuz you can also downoad .jad files from mobiles24

kind regards
    This is for sure that only .jar file will work fine on ur nokia handset. There is neither to download .jad file nor to make it with jadmaker..

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by battuji Log in to see links
    This is for sure that only .jar file will work fine on ur nokia handset. There is neither to download .jad file nor to make it with jadmaker..
    ok.
    but if you download a mobile game for your phone on mobiles24,
    what sort of file is it? .jar or .jar.zip?

If u r downloading from Mobiles24 gallery than it is .jar file for sure..
    But if u r downloading game file from forum it may be any .jar or .zip
    So, in simple words u have to unzip the zip file in order to install it to ur phone..
    This can be done with the help on winrar pc software
    Or u can also unzip it within ur phone, if ur phone has zip manager application..
    Last edited by battuji; 23-09-2010 at 12:04 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by battuji Log in to see links
    If u r downloading from Mobiles24 gallery than it is .jar file for sure..
    But if u r downloading game file from forum it may be any .jar or .zip
    So, in simple words u have to unzip the zip file in order to install it to ur phone..
    This can be done with the help on winrar pc software
    Or u can also unzip it within ur phone, if ur phone has zip manager application..
    errm the games that i've downloaded are from the game list on the main page.
    unzipping or extracting causes 40 files in the extraction map.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotavent Log in to see links
    errm the games that i've downloaded are from the game list on the main page.
    unzipping or extracting causes 40 files in the extraction map.
    U r misunderstanding! The games which r on main page have only .jar extension. So, u need not to extract them..simply copy paste the game on to ur memory card n install it.. That's it, after that game icon will appear inside the installations.