Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

The site went down again for ages again tonight.

Got a database error this time though.

Just a few minor niggles again stemming from the previous issue. I'm certain it will no longer reoccur this time.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Log in to see links
    Just a few minor niggles again stemming from the previous issue. I'm certain it will no longer reoccur this time.
    Cool. Well done guys!

Hello Mark and Karl , we just had another site crash. We were off line for about 15 minutes with an error page

BluSky, it was a controlled error while the server did a bit of cleaning up. You may see this at the time you posted pretty much every day. I intend to change it so it doesn't take so long in the near future

BluSky, it was a controlled error while the server did a bit of cleaning up. You may see this at the time you posted pretty much every day. I intend to change it so it doesn't take so long in the near future
    I don't mind how long it takes... as long mobiles24.com is still here when I come back. Thanks Mark

If it is a "down time" due to site maintenance reasons then maybe You could make Mobiles24.com say something like "Performing site maintenance" instead of a error page showing up - can that be done?

I was online all Saturday and Sunday but I didn't notice any unusual down time , just the usual 12 hours maintenance cycles (which can be quite annoying though).

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links
    If it is a "down time" due to site maintenance reasons then maybe You could make Mobiles24.com say something like "Performing site maintenance" instead of a error page showing up - can that be done?
    That would be more useful that the site just suddenly going down...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links

I was online all Saturday and Sunday but I didn't notice any unusual down time , just the usual 12 hours maintenance cycles (which can be quite annoying though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Log in to see links
    That would be more useful that the site just suddenly going down...

Will it really make a difference?

Sorry, not being silly, but if it's down, it's down, regardless of the message.
    IMO.

Ok, shutting up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    Will it really make a difference?

Sorry, not being silly, but if it's down, it's down, regardless of the message.
    IMO.

Ok, shutting up now.
    Yes it does make a difference if we see a notice saying mobiles24.com is in maintenance mode for a short time and try later etc... etc... etc...

Members like me who worries too much... when the site goes down without any info... by saying this I now know what to expect when I see an error page, by what Mark said in his post message. And again thankyou Mark
    Last edited by Michelle; 15-09-2010 at 08:00 AM.