LG
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Post LG Rumor Touch from Virgin Mobile

I am unable to get ringtones without purchasing them, and the free sites are not working either. Help! I also want to know if and what apps people might be using with the touch.

Thanks,
    LM

2. Default virgin mobile touch

hi, i am having the same issue. i was wondering if you found anything out

3. Smile LG Rumor 2 Touch

Found out how to use mobiles24 mp3s on the Rumor!!

1. Download the mp3 to your pc
    2. Change the file extension from .mp3 to .3g2
    3. Copy file to your memory card (have to have one, sorry!) one of two ways:
    - plug in USB cord to your PC OR
    - insert memory card and adapter into PC
    *File must be copied to the 'Photo' folder on the disk. Usually titled DCIM*
    Removable Disk\DCIM\100LGDCF\

4. Go to Settings\Ringers\Incoming Calls\Unsaved Numbers\
    5. Select "My Videos"
    6. Files won't have names, but they will work now as ringtones!

4. Talking Hub of Rumor Touch Hacks

Hey folks, I have a collection of about 9 articles on the LG Rumor Touch at Hubpages.com . Go there and search for LG Rumor Touch, and it will take you straight to my tutorials.

I go over step by step how to get ringtones and message tones, as well as how to install 3rd party apps and get free wallpapers to install properly. Check it out! If you have anything else to contribute, you should join so we can get this locked down phone working to our ultimate advantage!!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lunasey Log in to see links
    Found out how to use mobiles24 mp3s on the Rumor!!

1. Download the mp3 to your pc
    2. Change the file extension from .mp3 to .3g2
    3. Copy file to your memory card (have to have one, sorry!) one of two ways:
    - plug in USB cord to your PC OR
    - insert memory card and adapter into PC
    *File must be copied to the 'Photo' folder on the disk. Usually titled DCIM*
    Removable Disk\DCIM\100LGDCF\

4. Go to Settings\Ringers\Incoming Calls\Unsaved Numbers\
    5. Select "My Videos"
    6. Files won't have names, but they will work now as ringtones!
    ok i seen how it works for incoming calls and things like that but what about messages?

6. Default can't be too hard...

Quote Originally Posted by LadiiTeardrop74 Log in to see links
    ok i seen how it works for incoming calls and things like that but what about messages?
    sorry i don't have the actual instructs off the top of my head, but i know it can be done & easily, cuz one day i accidently assigned a really annoying sound (i think it was in mp3 form) and it changed from the default to that. pretty sure the option to assign a sound is right there in messages. i had just finished downloading a quality copy of a car alarm sequence, for the purpose of installing onto a recordable chip device installed in a 2way radio. we were texting about it & all i did was hit a wrong button & the next thing i know, haha...when texts were coming in after that, instead of the nice little default "bling sound", i was being rudely assaulted by load sirens, buzzers & horns i didn't know whether to laff or be mad, but i was both, because until i had the time to figure out how to remove & put default tone back in, i was too busy for a day or so & had little choice but to keep gettin hit with that. it was almost as easy to remove as it was to start it.
    the only thing it didn't occur to me at the time to check, was if the sound i accidentally put in was a general or personal/individual assignment. it was funny tho...

p.s. and by the way, i just noticed that furioussun's post above, states his instructs are for messages as well, so....??
    Last edited by nowurtalkin; 27-11-2010 at 03:51 AM.

7. Unhappy

Ive got the rumor too, but how do i get ringtones?

8. Default Where to go- The definitive source!

The best place to learn about ringtones is:

You can ask questions there and there are many helpful souls.

9. Default Game Install problems

I put the jar and jad files on my touch and can not get the games to install. This is the same procedure I've done for apps and had success but now I'm hitting major road blocks.

I followed the instructions on a hub page for 3rd party app installs as said by adding an APPS folder in the root directory. This shows on the MY STUFF folder with a tab that unhides labeled MICROSD CARD.

and while i was able to install some apps and 2 of the linked games from there i can't get any from here.

Any ideas?

10. Unhappy Need Help

Cannot seem to get the jar and jad files to install on my Rumor Touch. How come?