Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What are you having tonight..?

I am going to give one of MasterChef Australia recipe a go "Chicken with Asian Salad" for tea tonight It looks delicious

Ingredients:

1 onion, halved
    1 lime, zest finely grated, juiced
    2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
    1 tbs black peppercorns
    1 x 1.5kg chicken, wings removed, reserved
    2 tbs fish sauce
    1 tbs palm sugar
    2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
    ½ pineapple, peeled, cut into 2cm slices
    1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
    4 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
    ½ bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves picked
    ½ bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
    1 bunch coriander, leaves picked

Chicken Wing Marinade:

2 tbs soy sauce
    1 tbs honey
    1 garlic clove, finely chopped
    1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
    1 lime, zest finely grated
    2 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced

Method:

1. Heat a large saucepan of water over high heat, add the onion, lime zest, garlic and peppercorns and bring to the boil. Add chicken, breast side down, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Carefully turn chicken, and cook for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through and the juices run clear. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Shred the chicken meat, discarding skin and bones.

2. Meanwhile, to make the chicken wing marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken wings, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until needed.

3. Combine lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar and chilli in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add shredded chicken, stir to combine. Set aside.

4. Heat BBQ grill plate over medium heat, place chicken wings and pineapple on a plate. Cook chicken wings for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cook pineapple for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and slightly charred.

5. To serve, add cucumber, spring onions and herbs to the shredded chicken mixture, toss to combine. Place salad on top of grilled pineapple and chicken wings alongside.

Ooyi...Tastefull thread
    ---- Smiles acrss Miles ----

Quote Originally Posted by aneeshman Log in to see links
    Ooyi...Tastefull thread
    Oh and the "Chicken with Asian Salad" was so yummy!!!!!

I'm having a hot roasted chicken with peas and roast potatoes and gravy from a Red Rooster Store for tea tonight I am too exhausted from a busy day I had today, to cook anything tonight

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BluSky Log in to see links
    I am going to give one of MasterChef Australia recipe a go "Chicken with Asian Salad" for tea tonight It looks delicious

Ingredients:

1 onion, halved
    1 lime, zest finely grated, juiced
    2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
    1 tbs black peppercorns
    1 x 1.5kg chicken, wings removed, reserved
    2 tbs fish sauce
    1 tbs palm sugar
    2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
    ½ pineapple, peeled, cut into 2cm slices
    1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
    4 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
    ½ bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves picked
    ½ bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
    1 bunch coriander, leaves picked

Chicken Wing Marinade:

2 tbs soy sauce
    1 tbs honey
    1 garlic clove, finely chopped
    1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
    1 lime, zest finely grated
    2 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced

Method:

1. Heat a large saucepan of water over high heat, add the onion, lime zest, garlic and peppercorns and bring to the boil. Add chicken, breast side down, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Carefully turn chicken, and cook for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through and the juices run clear. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Shred the chicken meat, discarding skin and bones.

2. Meanwhile, to make the chicken wing marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken wings, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until needed.

3. Combine lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar and chilli in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add shredded chicken, stir to combine. Set aside.

4. Heat BBQ grill plate over medium heat, place chicken wings and pineapple on a plate. Cook chicken wings for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Cook pineapple for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and slightly charred.

5. To serve, add cucumber, spring onions and herbs to the shredded chicken mixture, toss to combine. Place salad on top of grilled pineapple and chicken wings alongside.

Thanks i'll give it a try.

Pizza tonight Yipee

6. Default

You put me to shame-I'm not even cookin! Take- away for me again(either pizza again or fish and chips)

7. Default

Just some soup for me!

just had 5 boiled eggs

Quote Originally Posted by gothicvamp1888 Log in to see links
    just had 5 boiled eggs
    and No toast

I am having Pizza from Pizza Hut for tea tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CeeJayBee Log in to see links
    Just some soup for me!

and without bread rolls