Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    1,241 RP
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

Exclamation i-mate PDA N *HELP*

My device totally blacked out last night! When I tried to start it, it gave me a warning message saying that the battery was charged 0%..... So I pl***ed it in this morning to my pc, it flashed on for a second then died again, I also pl***ed it to the adapter but it shows no sign of getting charged! Before when I charged it, an orange LED light glowed on the start button indicating that it was charging, but now... nothing! I'm really worried guys! Please someone help me! It's been 3 hours since I pl***ed it in to charge! and its still in the same condition!

Site Contributor
    872 RP
    Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer
    Country
    Serbia
    Thanks

maybe you have to change the battery.

1,241 RP
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

I've been charging it since morning, more than 5 hours have gone by, and nothing's happened...

Site Contributor
    1,927 RP
    Country
    Croatia
    Thanks

Take out your battery and SIM card out for a 5 minutes and then put it back

1,241 RP
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

Its not Windows Mobile, hence it isn't a phone, just a simple pda, or commonly known as ppc. So there's no sim card... And I've already taken out the battery, waited for five minutes and put it back in, still the same.....

Gallery Moderator
    32,334 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Java Contributor Video Contributor Forum Writer Popular Downloads (Silver) High Rating (Bronze)
    Country
    Croatia
    Thanks

Exclamation Li-Po battery reversed its polarity!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    maybe you have to change the battery.
    I think the same!

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    My device totally blacked out last night! When I tried to start it, it gave me a warning message saying that the battery was charged 0%..... So I pl***ed it in this morning to my pc, it flashed on for a second then died again, I also pl***ed it to the adapter but it shows no sign of getting charged! Before when I charged it, an orange LED light glowed on the start button indicating that it was charging, but now... nothing! I'm really worried guys! Please someone help me! It's been 3 hours since I pl***ed it in to charge! and its still in the same condition!
    That sounds like Your batteries polarity got reversed due to either getting discharged too much (only odd that the device's electronics didn't detect it and shut down the PDA to prevent this!) , or Your PDA's battery is dead.

Either way , the battery has it's own build in electronic to monitor and manage the charging process (charging current,battery temperature) , what is good as long as the battery behaves normally (healthy).
    Once the Li-Po/Li-Ion block (in Your case Li-Po = Lithium-Polymer) reverses it's polarity the electronic will not allow any charging current to pass through in order to prevent serious damage - it simply "thinks" that the battery has been inserted the false way around , or that the charging current has the wrong polarity.

Only recently a friend of mine brought me a 4 month old memory card camcorder/camera from Toshiba , he didn't use it at all but kept the battery inside.
    In order to remember the time and date the camera drained the battery completely dry and it reversed its polarity to -0.1 Volts - normal charging attempts had no effect.

There is a way to "revive" dead rechargeable batteries , but it can involve a complete destruction of the battery , and in a worst case scenario physical injuries!!!
    Although nothing bad ever happened to me doing this , and the batteries I "revived" could be used again.
    The procedure simply requires a certain amount of knowledge regarding electricity (low Voltage) and some tools/gadgets to work with.
    It is of course a "do-it-yourself" procedure , so You'd need a thumb for it!

As I don't know how good and interested You are with these do-it-yourself kind of things I would recommend You to ask Your friends and acquaintances if they or somebody they know have a PDA like Yours.
    If so arrange a meeting and "borrow" their battery for a minute just to make sure it is ONLY Your PDA's battery that is faulty.
    If so , You can either go and buy a brand new one knowing it will solve Your issue , or You can attempt to revive Your own and hope for the best (but expect the worst).

Its not Windows Mobile, hence it isn't a phone, just a simple pda, or commonly known as ppc.
    Actually it is , at least according to the info I found!
    It should be Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 , but that doesn't make it "a phone" of course.

Site Contributor
    1,927 RP
    Country
    Croatia
    Thanks

Its not Windows Mobile, hence it isn't a phone, just a simple pda, or commonly known as ppc. So there's no sim card... And I've already taken out the battery, waited for five minutes and put it back in, still the same.....
    oh,didnt know that
    I agree with Ghost and Wilhelm, your problem is battery...
    If battery isnt a problem, you need to buy a new one

0 RP
    Country
    Egypt
    Thanks

i agree with every one or u have to ask a shop

Site Contributor
    6,400 RP
    Contributor Java Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze) Popular Downloads (Bronze) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    India
    Thanks

I will s***est u to take it to some phone repairing shop coz only some knowledgeable person can tell u the exact situation..

Otherwise buy a new battery as above said by two people.

Note:- Excessive charge may finish off ur instrument! So, don't over charge it.

Site Contributor
    2,156 RP
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I think you should do what Wilhelm s***ested.

As he said, he has experience so he knows the correct thing to do.
    Keep Rocking, Game On.....
    Lord Buddha's Way Is The Path To Freedom, Enlightenment & Bliss...

My Blog: http://thechroniclesofaki.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 2 12 Last