Page 2 of 2 First 12
    1,241 RP
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

Thanks to everyone!!! I'll take it to a repairing shop to get it checked and if that doesn't work out, then I'll buy a new battery, now one in my vicinity has a pda! So I can't borrow anyone's battery.... and I'm pretty good with do-it-yourselves as long as they don't involve electricity! ;-) Thanks again and +rep to everyone! Special thanks to Wilhelm!

Gallery Moderator
    32,314 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Java Contributor Video Contributor Forum Writer Popular Downloads (Silver) High Rating (Bronze)
    Country
    Croatia
    Thanks

Smile Thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    ...and I'm pretty good with do-it-yourselves as long as they don't involve electricity! ;-)
    I thought so , not everyone dares to play with electricity , that is why I didn't immediately made a Tutorial-Post.
    It would take time to compose it understandable including some pictures , but it would be a waste if You don't use it in the end.

I got electrocuted myself several times with 220Volts (and below) and don't dare to go above that voltage after I almost got struck by High-Voltage while fixing a CRT-PC monitor.
    My Uni-Meter got fried "on impact"!

Low-Voltage is not life threatening , and for the "reviving" procedure You'd need a AC/DC adapter with an 3-6 Volts output only.
    Preferably 4.5-5.2 Volts at 100-700mAh , as that is the range a Li-Po/Li-Ion batteries electronic is made for to manage so it shouldn't burn out.

I guess taking it to a service shop would be the best thing to do , but it will not be the cheapest as they'll just claim the battery to be faulty an sell You a new one (if You are lucky they'll have one, or they'll order one for You!).

I hope that You'll get Your PDA's issue resolved fast and as low priced as possible - AND that it is ONLY the battery that is faulty!

Thank You for the +Rep.

Edit:
    Copied from an Wikipedia article about Li-Ion batteries:
    Depletion below the low-voltage threshold (2.4 to 2.8 V/cell, depending on chemistry) results in an unrecoverable dead battery because the protection circuit disables charging with a standard charger.
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 03-06-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Wiki info added!

55 RP
    Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks

Wow, thanks to Wilhelm..
    He's one smart guy..
    ..Defiers Of The Gods..

1,241 RP
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks

you got that right Fraziel! Thanks agian to Wilhelm!

Page 2 of 2 First 12