Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow [FAQ] How to set MP3 songs as ringtones on Sony Ericsson W810 and others

Some users may not be able to set MP3's as ringtones because some service providers disable this feature.

The only way you can set MP3 ringtones is to either:

1. DRM protect the MP3 ringtone using our free Online MP3 Maker (Details can be found here) or download Log in to see links
    2. Convert the MP3 to AMR using Log in to see links (Freeware). Converting to AMR does mean you will lose alot of sound quality.

Any questions? Please post below.

2. Default

i downloaded the drm pakager but when i put it on my phone and make it a ringtone it dusnt work when someone calls it what did i do wrong? or what file type should i change it to?

3. Default

You can convert it to wav to and it will work as ringtones too but not as good as mp3. I had one before what I did to it is I debrand my SE w810i and it allows me to use any mp3 format ringtones.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jon3sh Log in to see links
    You can convert it to wav to and it will work as ringtones too but not as good as mp3. I had one before what I did to it is I debrand my SE w810i and it allows me to use any mp3 format ringtones.
    so, by making it wav, it'll be able to work? whats the sound quality?

5. Smile

can someone help me how to make mp3s as ringtones on my Sony ericsson w580i?

6. Cool how to set mp3 as ringtone (ericsson w580i)

does anyone knw how?? tnx

7. Default

please help me i don't know how can i use as ringtone

8. Default ringtone for sony erricson w580i

hey jon3sh, i download the drm program and when i used it to convert a song file, i guess everything is fine but the new song file is locked. how do i unlock it?

9. Default

Does anyone know how to do this for sony ericsson w350?

10. Default Downloading to Phone

Kevin,

I was able to download your ringtone to my pc, but couldn't get it downloaded to my phone. I followed instructions but it still only downloaded to PC; never was asked what type phone I have or what my mobile number is? I have a Samsung Intensity.