Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Exclamation

(Source - Lanka-e-News 18.May.2010 11.55PM) Log in to see links

Nature’s wrath on those who have imprisoned General who won the war for them -JVP Secretary

JVP Gen. Secretary Tilvin Silva speaking at a media briefing at JVP Headquarters at Pelawatte , Battraramulla , said , it is true that during a war anything can happen , but, after the war is over it is the duty of the Govt. to act with caution . The Govt. had not taken measures to provide solace or give relief to the Tamil people who faced the worst plight following the war , he added.

After the war , every step taken by the Govt. towards the Tamil people is to hamper the national peace and harmony .

The house where Prabahakran lived and the statues which were erected by the LTTE have been destroyed by the Army , according to reports.

Answering questions raised by the media , Silva said, because some mistrust and suspicion arose between the Sinhala and Tamil races in SL , the country got pushed to that dire situation. This finally transformed into a war.. Because of the war , there was a lot of bloodshed.. A great devastation resulted. . Hence , the Govt. ought to heal the bruises of that community and contribute in that direction to mentally and morally boost them

The Govt. is still collecting nation building tax. But , so far the displaced people in the war and the disabled soldiers and those maimed had not been provided with welfare .

The grateful people will remember Gen . Fonseka who won the war for them. Nowhere in the world such a victory has been accomplished. The sole architect of the war victory and War Hero is imprisoned., For this injustice there is a natural reaction – the nature’s wrath – the torrential rains wreaking havoc at the time when the Govt. is trying to celebrate the first anniversary of the war victory leaving out Fonseka is testimony of the curse. The Govt. is compelled to postpone the celebration. The war was carried out with plans. That was why it was finished. . But the Govt. has no plans . After the war ended it is at its wits end not knowing what it should do for the country’s future.

At this juncture when the war victory is being celebrated , the nation does not seem to be interested . This is because the Govt. did not acknowledge this victory as that of the people. Rather , it is projecting the picture that it is the victory of the party and of the Rajapakse family .Last year on May 18th , all the Sri Lankan people came to the streets rejoicing over the war victory to go ahead as one nation on the same road. But , what the Govt. did was exploiting the war victory and holding four elections at immense cost. The people were led to believe thereby , that the Govt. is treating the war victory as its private victory.. Consequently , the nation had now lost the national feeling , fervor and enthusiasm they had then, Tilvin pointed out.

Notes-

1. Tilvin Silva - JVP Gen. Secretary
    Keep Rocking, Game On.....
    Lord Buddha's Way Is The Path To Freedom, Enlightenment & Bliss...

My Blog: http://thechroniclesofaki.wordpress.com

Angry

(Source - Lanka-e-News 17.May.2010 10.45 AM) Log in to see links

Commemorating the War heroes while keeping the General in prison is a joke

Anoma Fonseka addressing a press briefing today (16) at the DNA office at Rajakeeya Mawatha said, though persons who have no sense of gratitude and feelings are trying to erase from history, her husband Gen. Fonseka who won the extraordinary war victory for the country and liberated it, the Courts acknowledging his achievement and paying tribute to him ,not only provides solace to all those grateful people in the country, but even to her.

Despite this ungrateful and callous group of individuals trying their utmost to ignore and forget him, there are people who will never forget him. This was endorsed even by the Courts. While keeping the greatest war Hero in prison who won the war for the country, and seeking to commemorate the war Heroes’ day is a joke of the century, and nothing can be more stupid. Indeed, the Govt. itself had extolled and lauded him as the greatest war Hero, she pointed out.

The cruel irony of it is, when they are preparing to celebrate the war Heroes’ day at the Galle Face, I am made to suffer in silence taking food to my Husband , the supreme war Hero who led the war victory ,detained in prison by this Govt.

To liberate this country and to secure the freedom for this country, not only my husband, even the Three Forces and the Police jointly played a role. In this week of commemoration of the war Heroes, myself and my husband pay a tribute to them, she observed.

There is a large number who died and disappeared. There are many who are still shedding tears for them and grieving. They could not duly honor those who died or disappeared. I have my doubts whether there is anyone focusing on finding out what happened to them. We are informed by the families of those soldiers that nothing is being done towards those who were maimed and disabled by those who are anxious to obliterate the soldiers’ history. Hence, we entertain the doubt whether, after this celebration, the soldiers will be forgotten.

Notes -

1. Anoma Fonseka - General Sarath Fonseka's Wife

3. Default

Ok! You are the KidRapper. About General Fonseka : I don't want to prove he is the traitor because he proved it himself. His former associates know who he was and now we know who he is through the mass media. You can get enough proofs in news archives of media networks(not only government media but also independent and private media if you prefer).I said him a traitor because he is a traitor. I firmly believe he has no right to reveal top millitery secrets without proper permission of authority.He is the General but he has no authority to reveal millitery strategies.He is not the ultimate authority of the armed forces in this sovergein state. He has no right either to curse president and his family publicly or accuse defence mechanism.Whether he accused structure or personel is out of question because both personel and struture are parts of the mechanism. Vitory agains the terrorism is not a personel property of General.It belongs to all people who gave their strength to acheive this.He had a share of it of course.But portion he had the right to claim was denied by himself by accusing and abusing political leaders and misleading common people and also behaving according to the needs of pro LTTE political front (TNA). If you want proofs study media reports of past 10 months.There is enough video and voice recordings of him and his affairs.Why pro LTTE stood with former army commander in the presidential election.Why pro LTTE oversease community conduct their propaganda in favour of Fonseka.Are all those facts false and prending? In election campaign he also said he would even prefer pro LTTE donation for his campaign.He only targeted presidency because his sole purpose was personal luxury plus ultimate obession to avenge of president because he didn't allowed him to further corrupt the army. He didn't behave like a responsible person during the p. election campaign.He stated one statement oneday and completly oposite another day when asked why his political contractors had said it's because he has no enough political experience.So how we could give a presidency to a amateur who might get a wrong decision at wrong time and put the lives of 20 million people in jeopardy.You can say he might have wise advisors.True., But the final decision would have gotten by him and final command would be given by him.So how disastrous it would be if it would have been wrong command.He had said he would abolish this system of presidency.But how had we possibly known if has ulterior motives.He might had have ulteriour designs of the future of our country. We don't wait till the cow or bull have eaten the plant because we know when it turns towards the plant that it intend to eat it.So When presidention election had come it was not a testing period.We have wiped out the terrorism from our soil not internationally.There was large pro LTTE network throughout world which even refuse the death of LTTE leader till several days had passed.They was trying to plant the seed of terrorism again in this land.Accusing Sri Lanka against humam right violations they tried to put sanctioncs against us.Former general had been releasing facts which could be used against defence forces wether those facts true or false.Could we have given the presidency to the very person who had been trying to fail the country. I also have my personal critism of M.Rajapakse ,the president but I don't consider only some facts.I always look for and observe the whole.what he had promised and what he had done. Didn't he wiped out terrorism?Didn't he reduce the his number of ministers? You can't deny those facts.You can argue that he used strict force used and despise Fonseka, used public money to his personal well being, I don't deny or accept those facts. I simply say "look! what is the outcome " SL has peace, economy is booming, share market is one of the best in world.Insfranstructure is developing rapidly,communication is becoming more faster and cheaper.The foundation for a brighter future is laying. We cannot achieve all things atonce. There may corruption or other vile things.But we must tolerate them presently because if we tried to whole thing suddenly the result will be a instant collapse of whole system.( Congo is a good example. Lulumba tried to do it. but result was his assassiniation and seperation of katanga now Republic of congo.Today Democratic Republic of congo is a one of the poorest countries in the world and people vulnerable to HIV epidemic. Sarath Fonseka might be a millitory nerd but he is not suit rather responsible for politics.He had motivated by certain ulterior intentions I described above.We can see How much he hates president and Defence secretery in his speeches.He says some thing one day and denies it next day.We can't give a irresponsible person a mighty dangerous authority of a president. I don't praise president.but any Sri Lankan know president never cursed Fonseka publicly.Personel disputes must not be attach to national policies.Look at the US.Barack Obama didn't remove US forces from Afganishtan or Iraq.Because they are national interests of US.He didn't change those policies because they had made under republican administration,instead he fortified them sending additional troops to US. American are united by strong national policy.We lacks national policy.Now we have to find a national policy,A strong and virile one. Look at how singappore developed.They had two resources. Their significant location in a main naval passage and people.But they have a strong leader who got those things united manipulating country to rapid socio-economic development.There is severe criticism of him when he use his authority strictly.Some accused him of being harsh.But today he is proud citizen of Singappore being respected by every citizen including his former criticts. Now post war Sri Lanka wants strong leadership and a stabilized political situation for maxim economic growth. Well I think President has it.You may say critisize him but You may agree with the fact that he has strong and straight leadership. Well that is what we want. EVERY PERSON HAS HIS OWN PERSONAL INTERESTS ,but most important thing is HOW HE ACHIEVES IT. President may or may not use public money for his family but he never sell or give away his country.He always stand with national interests.He always stand for country in internationaly .You can argue with me kidrapper but I put forward facts KidRapper, so remove your blinds or you won't gasp the facts. I didn't say MR is a saint.But he always put NATIONAL INTERESTS ahead of PERSONAL INTERESTS as a WHOLE( I say AS A Whole and i don't mean every single incident).SF is completely opposite of this. Important thing is not the asiantribune or it's in the playrole of some party.We want the facts and you can decide whether it is truth by finding credibility of the proofs. There is enough facts that prove who he is in his own statements.He is a chameleon who changes colour according to the situation.He states to state media in several days after war that he will never enter politics and he praise both president and d.secretary for their great contribution to the victory of the war.Several months after war he strongly criticise both president and d. sec .It's obvious he has personal dispute with president and d.sec. I like to further remember KidRapper that our freedom will depend on on the symetry of force balance of China ,India,USA triangle in Indian ocean.A wrong decision at a wrong time may cause havoc.
    Last edited by lchathuranga; 19-05-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Angry

This has become a Flamewar.

What I wanna say is this.....

Go ahead & say what you wanna say. But I'm gonna stick to my beliefs. & I will continue to post news from non government or not government influenced sites.

Someday, someone will realize what REALLY HAPPENED, & what is the TRUTH.

I'm waiting for that day.....

Exclamation

(Source - Lanka-e-News, May 19, 2010, 5.20 PM) Log in to see links

Believe it or not ! - The War Hero who won the war not invited for the victory celebrations!!

The Govt. which is seeking to celebrate the first anniversary of the war victory has not invited the architect and Hero of the war victory Gen. Sarath Fonseka under whose command, and when he was the Army Commander, the war was won!

General Fonseka in a Press communiqué said, it is regrettable that he had not been invited for the first anniversary War victory celebrations, neither as an M P nor as the former Army commander. When he was the Army Commander, at all main functions connected with the Army, the former Army Commanders were invited, he observed.

It is reported that all MPs and former Army Commanders have been invited.

This is part of a manipulation by a group who are desirous of keeping him out, Fonseka pointed out..

This anniversary celebrations which was scheduled to be held yesterday (18) at the Galle Face green, Colombo was postponed due to heavy showers.

6. Default

Well, there are always two sides of a coin
    Disagreement of something like this is okay, just stay polite and avoid flaming..

I'm with KidRapper in one thing
    I'll wait the real truth to be uncovered someday..

Exclamation

(Source - Lanka-e-News, May 19, 2010, 4.45 PM) Log in to see links

4 lakhs people devastated by floods: 14 dead; 936 houses destroyed –not even a slice of bread for some victims.

The Ministry of disaster management had stated that as at this noon today (19), over four lakhs of people had been affected by the rains and floods.

Assist. Director of the disaster management Kodipilly said, 12 people were drowned in the flood waters , two died struck by lightning .

It is reported that the Govt. authorities had not been able to provide even a single meal to the victims of the floods who are displaced, shelter-less and without a morsel of food .The victims of the floods in Koralawella , Moratuwa had staged a demonstration in front of the State Timber corporation this morning , as the Govt. officials had not paid any attention even to give a slice of bread to them.

However, the Disaster management Ministry declares that the necessary funds had been allocated to the relevant District Secretaries to arrange food supplies to the victims.

The State media reports that President Mahinda Rajapakse who is attending the Iranian G- 15 conference has given instructions to the relevant Ministries and officials; and the Govt. MP‘s representing the Districts affected by the floods to take swift action to provide relief to those who have fallen victims to the floods . The President gave these instructions when the Disaster management met yesterday for a special session at the Temple trees. The President has allocated 180 lakhs towards relief during the discussion.

As at today , the number of residents of Gampaha who are victims of the floods is 164, 349. The victims in and around Colombo total to 142, 236.The number of victims in Kalutara is 37,803. In Galle and around, the number is 94,971. In Ratnapura – 230. In Matara 533, and Kurunegala 135, Assist. Director, disaster management center, Kodipilly confirmed.

In addition 154 houses have been completely submerged by the waters,while 802 houses have been destroyed partly.

Of the 12 who died in the floods, 7 of them are from Gampaha, 2 from Ratnapura, 2 from Puttalam and one from Kalutara. The two individuals who died struck by lightning are residents from the Anuradhapura District.

As a number of railway stations between the main lines from Ragama to Enderamulla are under water, the trains are moving along only on one line to Ragama and Hunupitiya even today.

Notes -

1. So, this is how NATIONAL interests are put ahead of PERSONAL interests.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Fraziel Log in to see links
    Well, there are always two sides of a coin
    Disagreement of something like this is okay, just stay polite and avoid flaming..

I'm with KidRapper in one thing
    I'll wait the real truth to be uncovered someday..
    Thanx bro. Thanx a lot

I was here for over two years. Why should I suddenly become a liar & post lies all over the forum? What will that gain me? Sympathy? Rep?

Why should I?

It's good to have buddies like yo who look at things in this manner Fraziel bro.

The Truth SHALL & WILL, set us all free, someday.....

9. Default

Well.I think you have a negative approach. Every country has it's own social,political and economic problems (developed or not) Look at Greece! If proposed loan of more than $100bn will not be delivered country will go down. Country can't be developed by merely changing governers.System and policy ought to be changed or modified. Most countries have rapidly developed after a devastating war.Best examples are Japan and South Korea and also West Germany.Our country has a Golden opportunity.Tourism and shipping industry is main sectors we can use efficiently for a rapid economic boom. But we have to maintain a stabilized political and security stiuation which will give investors a solid assurance that there money won't be wasted. That's what President is exactly doing reaching the 2/3 majority of parliment for possible constitutional change and hunting for foriegn LTTE agents to cripple LTTE internationally. SF tried to increase the number of soldiers from 150 000 to 300 000 even after the end of war.What is the purpose?How would he pay additional soldiers without distrupting the our small $ 50bn economy igniting a public disturbance.Even contemporary forces have no enough facities and advanced weapons.We won the war with LTTE mostly because of the courage and training of our soldiers.But we are no match for an foreign army .Even smaller and poor countries than us have more sophisticted weapon systems than us. Our Air force have no fighter good enough for air to air combat.only a chinese F-7 which is no match for todays shophisticated Fighters like F-16,F 18,F 35 MIG 29 ....etc.Today most countries use F-18 as a contemporary fighter and Nato membors looking for soon recruiment of F-35 air superiority fighter instead of F-18 because it's is the age of electronic warfare now.But we are still trying to purchace Age old MIG-29 which is going to be removed from the service of most countries.Countries like Israel and Austrailia are trying to purchase F-22 which abandoned from selling for foreign forces other than US because it's far more advanced than any current fighter.F-22 Raptor is believed be most shophisticated figter ever known. We can't acquire more powerful and sophisticated weapons because we have no enough funds ,our budget deficit is too high to allow such purchases that tax prayer may think as a unnecessory after war. Well what is the meaning of increasing the number without modifying the equipment? We are no match for a modern armed force.We have to keep updating our armed forces.Number is enough but equipment must be acquired so that we are capable of facing any external threats without bending our backs. SF couldn't understand it? He merely wanted to recruit more ?why? Hadn't he have enough wit to forsee the economic distruptions and public disturbances occuring from it or did he deliberately ignore it because he intended to make goverment uneasy so his own agenda would be launched that might be lead to millitery dictatorship and collapse of democracy and eventually making a disgusting foreign hands would have threwn here and there one way or other.Don't blame leaders because they are not saints.Well .A saint can't be a president in SL because people will never vote him.A saint can't go up because devils pull his legs down.People are forced to decide against their own will because devil disguise lile saint and he make true saint appear like devil.That is the Sri Lankan political system practically.so hard to change.To change this there must be a strong leader who wan't to good to this country and who have enough experience and expertise to change people's views emerging from common people.He must be able reply and repulse devil by devil's own strateges repulse him using people by their own will.It might be a practical solution because there is no option for devel other than to retreat. He might ook like a devil to so called soft hearted foreigners and human right activities but he will bring the change sooner or later.I see one good quality of MR is he rarely changes his former statements.But we know there are some politician in this country who contradict themselves so often that people don't bother to believe them further.Well one reason because of which SF screwed up was he changed his previous statements so often that people even compeled to consider that if this person was sane or he is half witted or possibly mentally deranged by the effect of war. Some people do their invaluble service to their beloved country and they never come to public to say 'I am the hero not this person,people must respect me that I had such threats to my life,I nearly killed I had injuries'.SF tried to get the sympathy. The story of corruption and abuse of war victory is only a deception.He tries to dull the minds of people and draw attention to him and forced to sympathize him what is you exactly doing. I need to say one more thing: you only give one sided news reports.You put all the news sources that you think contain news in goverment's advantage to the not indepedent category and you choose items which publish against goverment and president or statements from parties like JVP who had been refused by voters.But what you actually to is not choosing independent but choosing the one sided news articles in favour of opposition, may be not knowingly.You may be refusing all independent news sources in favour of gov. saying they are under pay roll of gov. or state department or relations.You never published goverment's answers to criticism of the opposition that you published in this thread. Well YOU ACCUSED K.T. Rajarathnam of one man show but I doubt you are doing a one side's show.

Exclamation

Nothing doing.

As I stated earlier, we'll wait & see.