Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Question Waterproof Phones

I run 3-5 miles twice a week and use my phone for tracking my speed, time, pace and calories burnt etc (with Cardio Trainer and Noom weight loss apps).
    I get paranoid every single time I'm out in the rain that my phone will get too wet and die-in the past I have had 3 phones die on me from water damage!

So I have decided to get a waterproof phone.
    I wanted the Sony Erriccson Xperia Active ( a sports phone-small but rugged and waterproof to 1 metre) but with Sony buying out the whole share the old range (at least in the UK) has been ditched and only Sony branded phones are available on contract now.
    I have read about 2 waterproof Fujitsu phones (quad core and dual core) and a waterproof Panasonic phone- no names available for any yet- does anybody know much about these phones,which ones would be best for my running needs and/or when they would be released in the UK I would be massively grateful ( I have asked around the local phone shops and they know NOTHING about them)

2. Default

My sister uses the SE Xperia Active, it's been for nearly a year now and she goes to run and does her fitness with it without any issues so far, the waterproofing is quite good as I've made my experiments when she wasn't looking...
    And by some reviews I've read here and there, the phone is worth it. Can't tell about the other phones though.

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

3. Default

Yeah I wanted that phone as it seems ideal for my needs (small but at the mo I've got a SE X10 mini pro so I'm used to small) however ,since sony bought all of SE it is unavailable in the UK(except for sim free and I can't afford that (£200-£250)-understandably sony want to push their new phones with (SONY on the front and not SE) but that means the last batch of SE phones have been lost

4. Default

Maybe you should consider buying one online..?

5. Default

Can't afford the upfront cost and I have a contract phone able to be upgraded in May but can't afford anything else than monthly payments for a new phone.

You could try a case,

something like this?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    You could try a case,

something like this?
    Looks like a good alternative.

8. Default

I've got to admit that does look good.

9. Default

But now I'm really confused as to what phone to upgrade to as and when the contract comes to an end.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lazyitus Log in to see links
    But now I'm really confused as to what phone to upgrade to as and when the contract comes to an end.
    You can find out when it comes to and end by getting in touch with your service provider, I should think, or take it into a shop.

Depends what criteria you have for an upgrade.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast