Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Log in to see links
    Thanks for your suggestion Ross. Although, instead of a reputation system, I think a thank you system would be more suitable.
    Hear, hear!
    I think this would be a lot more constructive than rating a fellow “user”

While we’re on the topic of thank you & feedback…

How about a feedback field for the rating of themes & ring tones?
    It would enable us to see why we get a certain ratings on the content we upload, positive or negative.

That is a good idea. Then we'll see how many pervs () like me there are out there.

But I agree. Good idea. Wish I was that clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide
    Will the reward points maybe be linked to the amount of "thank yous"?
    Nice suggestion, but again, it could easily be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide
    How about a feedback field for the rating of themes & ring tones?
    It would enable us to see why we get a certain ratings on the content we upload, positive or negative.
    Do you mean a comment type system? If so, I would like to implement such a system, but I've shied away from it because of it's potential for misuse. Or have I misunderstood you?

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Log in to see links
    Do you mean a comment type system? If so, I would like to implement such a system, but I've shied away from it because of it's potential for misuse. Or have I misunderstood you?
    That’s exactly what I’m suggesting Mark.
    I do realise that it’ll be more work for you administrators as you’d have to keep an eye on & moderate the comments posted.

No problem, trying to be constructive here

Nice suggestion, but again, it could easily be abused.

I didn't write that second one

I understand that people can (and probably will) misuse all these features, but isn't there a way to "punish" them for it if they do? Like a two day ban or something...

Just a thought. Because all these suggestions are really good and it's a shame that us decent people have to suffer the consequences of others...

36_1_15.gif

6. Default

Hmm this thank you thing sounds like a spiffing idea!

I stand down!

Ross x

I work with Vbulletin forums for people installing and setting up and im sure the Reputaion system is built into the forum already it isnt a mod and can be setup so member can leave a member reputation once and have to spread it about abit untill the next time.

It is indeed and something I forgot when the thread was created. However, I still feel a "thank you" system is more appropriate. I fear giving people the option to dish out bad rep will only generate a negative environment and I'm certain some will choose to abuse the system. In fact, I'm not really sure why somebody would want to give bad rep.

As for launching it as I know it's been a while.. I'm hoping to have something in place in the next couple of weeks. I have another development on at the moment (for mobiles24.com), but that's taking a little longer than initially hoped.

In fact, I'm not really sure why somebody would want to give bad rep.
    Ask DipShyt. He's good at it

I have another development on at the moment (for mobiles24.com)
    Will we have it for Christmas??

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    Ask DipShyt. He's good at it
    Now that's not nice
    Don't you think I have feelings?

Back on topic:

We currently have a system on our uploads that allow people to rate it. I think it should be mandatory to leave a comment if you rate an upload...
    If this function gets used constructively it would allow us to improve our content