Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Reputation mod?

Hello all users/mods/admins,

What are you views on the reputation mod for vBulletin forums?

Basically what it is; is a mod for vBulletin forums where say a user has helped you (Or not in some cases) Then you can give them positive/negative reputation?

I think this is a very good idea as i see alot of people helping around the forums and it's just something to show for it really?

Thanks

Ross x

2. Default

I’ve seen similar functions on other forums.

The one problem I have with this kind of system is that it usually ends up being abused or used for personal vendettas…

If used properly & for its intended purpose it could have a positive effect though

I'm going to start a personal vendetta against you!!! HAHA!!

I'll negative rep you every time you post!!!

Devil005.gif

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links

Devil005.gif
    *CRY!*

Is still waiting for admin response. Lol.

Ross x

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links

& I'll return the favour!

Thanks for the suggestion Ross.

My initial thoughts are that is could easily be abused, and I'm not the biggest fan of 3rd party plug-ins as many are badly designed (from a programming point of view). However, I will definately have a look at this and test it out.

FYI, we are actively looking at ways in which we can improve the current system so any feedback is appreciated on this subject. Although we are busy on the next Mobiles24.com "release" , all suggestions are noted and discussed.

Cheers

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Log in to see links
    Thanks for the suggestion Ross.

My initial thoughts are that is could easily be abused, and I'm not the biggest fan of 3rd party plug-ins as many are badly designed (from a programming point of view). However, I will definately have a look at this and test it out.

FYI, we are actively looking at ways in which we can improve the current system so any feedback is appreciated on this subject. Although we are busy on the next Mobiles24.com "release" , all suggestions are noted and discussed.

Cheers
    Well i think it's had alot of time to developed as i have been using vBulletin forums for about 3 years (Give or take a few months) now and they never seem to show any errors. However i do agree about the abuse but surely that could be helped with a few extra moderators?

New release eh?

Sounds exciting

Thank you

Ross x

Just my thought - useless - bad idea ......

Thanks for your suggestion Ross. Although, instead of a reputation system, I think a thank you system would be more suitable.
    Last edited by Karl; 17-10-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Log in to see links
    Thanks for your suggestion Ross. Although, instead of a reputation system, I think a thank you system would be more suitable.
    I'm aware that my advice and comments are usually less than helpful, but I agree with Karl. A thank you system would be better as you cannot really abuse it. Unless you want to thank someone into depression.
    Will the reward points maybe be linked to the amount of "thank yous"?

36_1_15.gif