1. Default Uploading Problem

I tried to upload a mobile game and after i filled in all it's details a message comes up saying, 'The ''Download'' file you specified does not have the correct extension'. Help me out here.
    Last edited by Dialga458; 10-04-2010 at 05:33 AM.

2. Default Uploads Problem

My uploads problems help please !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dialga458 Log in to see links
    I tried to upload a mobile game and after i filled in all it's details a message comes up saying, 'The ''Download'' file you specified does not have the correct extension'. Help me out here.
    What type of game where You trying to upload , Java or Symbian?
    Java games have a "jar" extension and Symbian either "sis" or "sisx".

When uploading a game file it must be in its "ready to use" form like the ones You can download from Mobiles24's Free Gallery!
    You might have gotten that message because the file You specified is packed with RAR or ZIP , in that case You have to unpack it first giving You a single "jar" or "sis/sisx" file.

Make sure the file You are trying to upload is NOT packed with RAR or ZIP and try uploading it again.

If You continue having trouble uploading stuff to Mobiles24 let us know and provide as much information as possible - the more info regarding a problem is provided the higher the chance You get useful help.

Please make sure that You read these posts as they contain rules and guidelines for uploading files to Mobiles24:
    http://forum.mobiles24.com/showthread.php?p=33778
    http://forum.mobiles24.com/showthread.php?t=2896

Of topic but equally important , Mobiles24's forum rules:
    http://forum.mobiles24.com/showthread.php?t=2360

4. Default

I was trying to upload Assassins Creed.jar

I was trying to upload Assassins Creed.jar
    If You chose the correct category and filled out the fields correctly , You should have been able to upload that file.
    But in this games case it would have been refused as Copyright because it is a Gameloft game (read the post/thread "Forbidden games/vendors" - http://forum.mobiles24.com/showthread.php?t=2896 ).

Step by step upload:

Click the "Upload" tab

upload.JPG

Choose a category ("Software - Mobile Games" for Java games)

choose category.JPG

Click "Next" and fill out the required fields

upload details.JPG

Click "Upload File" - done!

Please give it another try and leave Your feed back if You successfully uploaded a file or still have problems in doing so!

6. Exclamation

Still not working, i get this error.

An Error Occurred
    Upload failed: The game you attempted to upload is copyright protected (by Gameloft) and cannot be accepted into our gallery. If you believe this is a fault, please contact us.

Click here to return to the previous page

Need help? Read the help section.

Still not working, i get this error.

An Error Occurred
    Upload failed: The game you attempted to upload is copyright protected (by Gameloft) and cannot be accepted into our gallery. If you believe this is a fault, please contact us.

Click here to return to the previous page

Need help? Read the help section.
    What do You want , that message is telling You exactly what is wrong!
    The game is made by Gameloft and therefore Forbidden to be uploaded to Mobiles24's Free Gallery.

I find that quite easy to understand.

Even if You'd be allowed to upload that file (Assassins Creed) it would get refused by a Moderator or Administrator anyway!

Try uploading some other file , one that is not made by Gameloft - I am sure You'll be able to upload it.

8. Default

Oh well.... i just wasted my mobile credit to get this game and i can't do anything with it.

9. Default

Oh well.... i just wasted my mobile credit to get this game and i can't do anything with it.
    What's your mobile phone ?