234 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Default Music player issue 5800

Hi all, I have an issue with my 5800 xpress music.
    When i 1st got the phone I copied the music, ringtones etc from my Sony Ericsson memory card onto the computer then onto the nokia 5800. this was fine and all was well, the music player found the music files etc but that stops here. I have added more music to the phone but when I refresh the library it sits there saying 0 files added and the loaded bar just running.

Trying to solve this issue I have done the turn off and turn on, taken out the memory card, sim card and battery, turned the phone on so it was offline and then put it back together again. I have even spoken to nokia who gave a full reboot code which has not solved the library refresh.

The files work individually but whats the point of the phone being an Mp3 player?
    Another issue is that the phone is recognised by the computer but when trying to update the nokia updater doesnt recognise the phone is connected.

Has anyone got any ideas before I look like a technophobe complaining my phones features are not working as they should in store.

Cheers

0 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Well, I just highlighted the album and chose delete in the options menu. Should work on a track-by-track basis too, but that'd be a lot more work...After deleting the music file you should refresh the music library. you can do it by going to the music library(on the music player) and options and select refresh library. That should solve it..

Site Contributor
    54,941 RP
    Contributor Level 3 Java Contributor Symbian Contributor Ringtone Contributor Theme Contributor Video Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer Popular Downloads (Gold High Rating (Bronze) Liked (Bronze)

Country
    Croatia
    Thanks

For the nokia updater to recognize your phone, it has to be in pc suite (or similar) mode

also, there might be a problem with the memory card, back it up and format it
    none

234 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apoteka View Post
    For the nokia updater to recognize your phone, it has to be in pc suite (or similar) mode

also, there might be a problem with the memory card, back it up and format it
    I managed to get the phone found and updated by not selecting a setting, just connected and left it, voila......

Still have a music issue, deleted all files from the phone and restarted it, then added songs back in but naada

1,421 RP
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Thanks

check for corrupted Music files .

234 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

How do I know if their corrupt?

next option any replacement players that might be able to replace the standard one installed?
    Last edited by 1-2-C; 19-03-2010 at 11:18 PM.