2 9.09%
  • Hip-Hop/Rap

3 13.64%
  • Dance/trance

2 9.09%
  • Other

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What's your favourite Music Genre?

Favourite type of music? you listen to most and bands / artists?
    ive added a poll.

me, its indie / rock and alternative, i didnt put indie there cause i class it in the rock genre.
    grew up listening to bands like oasis, blur, the verve, cast..mid-late 90s was the best

And at the moment bands liking the courteeners, the killers etc

I also like some other types of music though, not in to rap much but do like eminems music. have some of his albums ive had from a teen.
    Dance/trance is ok sometimes, and i can listen to some pop.

Am not a fan of heavy metal.
    Last edited by Paul; 07-02-2010 at 10:47 PM.

not fussed that much what i listen too, dont like indie or grunge or garage and that kind of stuff.

like goth rock/oldies/swing/rock n roll and various others

rock n roll is rock. goth etc goes in heavy metal. and in my opinion most indie bands atleast what i listen to is rock, not full but still, its just there not well known.
    Last edited by Paul; 08-02-2010 at 01:20 AM.

4. Default

I started by listening to Reggea and French Rap ( ), not per choice but to listen what friends listened... Then i started listening to American Rap, 50 Cents, Dr Dre, Eminem, etc.. Then i did not search music for the music in itself, but for the lyrics, and as rap wasn't quenching my thirst for well written lyrics, i started to look for Slow Rock songs, Scorpions, The Police, etc etc.. Going on in my search of those types of song, i started listening to Rock/ Alternative Rock, with bands like Maroon 5 ( ), Coldplay, Linkin Park, Radiohead, Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Keane, Evanescence (Amy ), Placebo, Green Day, and a whole lot more... And while listening to these songs i wanted to know where they came from, where was their roots, so i started to listen to 70'-80'-90' music, thus entering into my Heavy/ Trash/ Speed/ Groove Metal, Grunge era, with bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, Guns N' Roses, Motorhead, and a whole lot more...

I choose Heavy Metal, and Rock comes second if i had to choose two...
    Last edited by NaturalMystyk27; 08-02-2010 at 09:43 AM.

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

5. Default

I grew up listening to 60's rock n roll ( beatles,rolling stones,beach boys etc.) and even as a kid I realised that great songwriting comes with an attitude to wanna change things not willing to stick with the status quo.
    As I got older I moved into 70's punk ( sex pistols,ramones and iggy pop mainly) and psychedelia (beatles (again) velvet underground and love among others) but that progressed to more modern angry punk and metal (nofx , soulfly, rancid and from there to green day and there to the wildhearts)
    As I've got older I'm far less an angry person but still listen to green day and wildhearts but now also much calmer things like rem and morcheeba

So in conclusion I like music a lot and mainly rock/punk.

6. Default

Conversely I did listen to house music for a while BUT I thought before and I still do now that it's only good for very late night clubbing while off your nut ( if you listen to it in the daytime it makes you wanna be doing that anyway )
    Last edited by lazyitus; 20-02-2010 at 11:32 AM.

7. Default

I like punk/alternative and classic rock

Angry

Oh no!!!!

First time in my life I made a wrong vote! By accident!!

Instead of voting for Hip-Hop, I voted for Rock!!
    Keep Rocking, Game On.....
    Lord Buddha's Way Is The Path To Freedom, Enlightenment & Bliss...

My Blog: http://thechroniclesofaki.wordpress.com

I voted for Rock and its not by mistake

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus Log in to see links
    and its not by mistake
    Ah come on!!
    Keep Rocking, Game On.....
    Lord Buddha's Way Is The Path To Freedom, Enlightenment & Bliss...

My Blog: http://thechroniclesofaki.wordpress.com