• Hip-Hop/Rap

3 13.64%
  • Dance/trance

2 9.09%
  • Other

3 13.64%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

I couldnt decide which to vote for as i like a lot of the genres.

I grew up with punk,but really The Jam are my all time favourite.
    when they split up i was left listening to new wave/ new romantics stuff like human leaugue, heaven 17 etc until The Smiths(thank god for morrisey/marr).

Now its mainly indie, The Courteeners,Hard-Fi etc, but i think if you like a song or an artist it shouldnt matter what genre they are placed in, i just enjoy music.

2. Default

Yo emil, its just you and me for dance/trance

Quote Originally Posted by terzo54 Log in to see links
    I couldnt decide which to vote for as i like a lot of the genres.

I grew up with punk,but really The Jam are my all time favourite.
    when they split up i was left listening to new wave/ new romantics stuff like human leaugue, heaven 17 etc until The Smiths(thank god for morrisey/marr).

Now its mainly indie, The Courteeners,Hard-Fi etc, but i think if you like a song or an artist it shouldnt matter what genre they are placed in, i just enjoy music.
    The Courteeners or quality.. my avatar
    Id love to see this band live.

New album falcon leaked this morning, f...... great album more mature than their first album, where they were slagging off other bands etc.

I read some music reviewers giving it a bad review, how the hell do these people get paid, cause there f....... useless an dont have a clue about music.

One said 'Will It Be This Way Forever?' was an oasis rip off, it sounds nothing like oasis.

This gave it a good review though

Falcon is being billed as the album to launch The Courteeners into the big league. Early whispers suggested that the record shared a certain similarity with their sensitive Mancunian peers Elbow, who burst into the mainstream at the back end of the '00s. Well, we hate to be the ones to break it to the band's ever-confident and ambitious frontman Liam Fray, but these early assertions are a little wide of the mark. That isn't to say Falcon is a disappointment - far from it. This is a brilliant album that doesn't bow to fashion or pretend to be anything other than a great collection of indie-rock. However, those who sneered at the band's not-too-shabby St. Jude debut are unlikely to be swayed by anything second time around.

The Ronseal-titled first track, 'The Opener', was probably what led to those Elbow comparisons, with its swooping melodies and lyrical dedications to Manchester bearing a resemblance to Guy Garvey's bunch. Fray's homesickness ("I missed the city I love, but I've been having an affair with LA, New York, Dundee and Doncaster") and final rallying refrain ("My heart is hear to say") are an early indication of the band's growth and higher standards for album number two. However, the Courteeners still have too much chug in their guitars and anthemic ambition to be billed as copyists of Elbow's more intricate and delicate stylings.

The brash, swirling grooves of brilliant comeback single 'You Overdid It Doll' show that Fray hasn't given up on the idea of playing the biggest world stages. Meanwhile, 'Take Over The World' is a love song which mixes modesty and tenderness ("I'm only a paperboy from the Northwest") with the sort of huge "woah-a-woahs" that Snow Patrol would give their right arms for. Elsewhere, 'Cross My Heart & Hope To Fly' finds producer Ed Buller (Suede, Pulp) adding some extra layers to the Courteeners mix, turning potential album filler into a dark, brooding delight.

Underneath the snappy soundbites and swagger, Fray is a smart songwriter who associates with the downtrodden and misfits of society. On the acoustic strum of 'The Rest Of The World Has Gone Home', he sings of loneliness without the faintest whiff of bravado ("I haven't felt this alone since my art GCSE"), while on the moving romance of 'Cameo Brooch", he pleads with a loved one to "stop pushing people away". It's the group's ability to mix those soft touches with the showstopping thumps and twists of 'Scratch Your Name Upon My Lips' and 'Will It Be This Way Forever?' that make The Courteeners a band worthy of our attention. If anyone is still looking down their noses at Fray's crew, well, more fool them, because they're the ones who'll be missing out on a refreshing, masterful and bold album. 4/5 stars

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Log in to see links
    Yo emil, its just you and me for dance/trance
    True, along with house too. There are so many beautiful tracks right now like Adam K & Soha - Who Cares, it's really astonishing, only if more people understood its meaning ...

5. Default

The new Love2Club album is pretty good

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    The Courteeners or quality.. my avatar
    Id love to see this band live.

New album falcon leaked this morning, f...... great album more mature than their first album, where they were slagging off other bands etc.

I read some music reviewers giving it a bad review, how the hell do these people get paid, cause there f....... useless an dont have a clue about music.

One said 'Will It Be This Way Forever?' was an oasis rip off, it sounds nothing like oasis.

This gave it a good review though
    Im off to see them in march at the HMV picture house in Edinburgh
    Should be a cracking gig, cant wait .

My vote for 'Rock'.
    But i'm a great fan of Gazals