Page 23 of 1628 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533731235231023 ... LastLast
  1. Default

[QUOTE=Crusader1;9643]hey every one have you seen these

Hi Crusader1, its nice to meet my friend

Hey their cool pics, hows that skateboarder.....AWESOME!.....my daughter will love that too, I'll show her next time I see her...........catch ya..........Barb

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GoFish Log in to see links
    Fanx Dip...yeah, your right about the boot space...there'll be none of that left! ha ha! And I thought really hard about all the extra wieght we'll have to haul around...taking the edge off of the performance...bummer there. Oh well, you can only stick your foot down so often anyway, and we really miss having the beats In the car now we've got used to It in the ute....I hear what you say about the battery...and Iv'e got one of those really small light-wieght jobbies that dies after two or three goes at starting. I expect it to probably 'expire' fairly soon anyway...ha ha!
    Sorry Bob, wasn't ignoring you. I missed this post somehow... probably while I was typing that essay

That's unfortunately a trade-off that has to be made
    Not worth having great sound when your car won't start or you can't turn on the sound in the first place

I've seen people do some CRAZY things to cars in the name of sound... you generally know you've gone to far when your sound system is worth more than the car itself
    Seen that happen on more than one occasion

3. Default

I just want to interrupt the comments for a minute, while I think out my next comment, and I want to ask you something.............how do you get the multi-quote thingy to work, I want to do it like you???

4. Default

I just want to interrupt the comments for a minute, while I think out my next comment, and I want to ask you something.............how do you get the multi-quote thingy to work, I want to do it like you???
    I've quoted you as per "normal" Barb, then I start editing it (I changed the brackets so it won't work, replace the { & } with [ & ])

{QUOTE=GoFish;9649}I just want to interrupt the comments for a minute, while I think out my next comment, and I want to ask you something.............

me: blah, blah, blah

{QUOTE=GoFish;9649}how do you get the multi-quote thingy to work, I want to do it like you???{/QUOTE}

You're telling the system to start & stop quoting using the data in square brackets.
    Does that make sense Barb?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DipShyt Log in to see links
    Sorry Bob, wasn't ignoring you. I missed this post somehow... probably while I was typing that essay

That's unfortunately a trade-off that has to be made
    Not worth having great sound when your car won't start or you can't turn on the sound in the first place

I've seen people do some CRAZY things to cars in the name of sound... you generally know you've gone to far when your sound system is worth more than the car itself
    Seen that happen on more than one occasion
    Good comment!(ha ha!...) No worries Dip...I've only just started to get into auto sound, and really, I haven't gone too far yet..I've kept the power levels down to the bare minimum....There's only 80 watts rms to play with...not too bad for an entry level set-up...and sides, In the ute, you can't hear yourself yelling over the top of it, and there's no distortion or noise, It's awesome! And It's plenty loud for us 'old fogies' ha ha! There's a fair bit of crap in the car I can remove to counter the weight increase...like the back seat(ha ha! don't need that anymore!...even a baby would be complaining about the lack of 'space' back there!...) The old rear spkrs can be ditched,..so all up, I'll probably only add about 10kg. I definately want SQ over DB's...bob

6. Default

[QUOTE=DipShyt;9650]I've quoted you as per "normal" Barb, then I start editing it (I changed the brackets so it won't work, replace the { & } with [ & ])]

Hmm, testing...

Quote Originally Posted by GoFish;9649}how do you get the multi-quote thingy to work, I want to do it like you???{/QUOTE

{You're telling the system to start & stop quoting using the data in square brackets.
    Does that make sense Barb?}

,errr, no, but maybe yes, I'll give it a go
    Last edited by GoFish; 23-10-2007 at 01:28 PM.

7. Default

Good comment!(ha ha!...)
    touché

No worries Dip...I've only just started to get into auto sound, and really, I haven't gone too far yet..I've kept the power levels down to the bare minimum....There's only 80 watts rms to play with...not too bad for an entry level set-up...and sides, In the ute, you can't hear yourself yelling over the top of it, and there's no distortion or noise, It's awesome!
    What more could you want
    It's always been pointless for me when people go & fitt a 300db system into a car

And It's plenty loud for us 'old fogies' ha ha!
    I think a "no comment" is appropriate here...

There's a fair bit of crap in the car I can remove to counter the weight increase...like the back seat(ha ha! don't need that anymore!...even a baby would be complaining about the lack of 'space' back there!...) The old rear spkrs can be ditched,..so all up, I'll probably only add about 10kg.
    That's not bad...

You NEVER lose the back seat though, never know when you're going to need it (couldn't resist )

I definately want SQ over DB's...bob
    I'm with you on that one Bob... quality over quantity any day

8. Default

He sounds like a really nice guy Barb]

Yes he is

[It's good to be free with your comments & you're always welcome to comment on my comments. I don't understand your comment about my not liking your comment, I didn't commented on your last comment with a negative comment, did I? A person is always free to rethink their comment on a comment & as for sticking to a comment, commenting on that would be a wasted comment as I fully agree with that comment. Changing a comment just for the sake of changing the afore mentioned comment would would make the whole commenting process a waste of commenting though...
    So there you have my comments on your comments Barb ]

Wow, good comment DipShyt. I didn't mean my comment to imply that your comment was negative, I just didn't fully comprehend the depth of the comment you made, and I don't like to comment on a comment, until I fully understand the comment, cos you know how easy it is to misunderstand a comment, if you haven't heard all of the comment. My comment to you, is keep the comments coming, your comments are very enlightening, and I'm here to comment as well, otherwise I would just be making no comment, and as you say.....you can't comment to a silent comment..........so comment away

{It's difficult to comment on a silent comment though, unless you comment silently that is

It's quite relaxed here though, so I don't expect you'll need to much protecting Barb
    }

Yes its cool.....................Barb

9. Default

I've quoted you as per "normal" Barb, then I start editing it (I changed the brackets so it won't work, replace the { & } with [ & ])]

Hmm, testing...

,errr, no, but maybe yes, I'll give it a go
    Every highlighted block or quote must start with a {QUOTE=DipShyt;9650} & end with {/QUOTE} Barb.

It also helps to preview your post, especially when you break a post into lots of little segments

Let my try & explain it a different way:
    Every time you quote some one you use quotation marks.
    The {QUOTE=DipShyt;9650} opens the quotation marks & the {/QUOTE} closes them.
    (Once again I replaced the square brackets with curly brackets so you can see how it's done without it actually working )
    Does that make more sense?
    Last edited by DipShyt; 23-10-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added a [/QUOTE]

10. Default

Every highlighted block or quote must start with a {QUOTE=DipShyt;9650} & end with {/QUOTE} Barb.

I think I'm starting to get it, sort of, haha.

It also helps to preview your post, especially when you break a post into lots of little segments

I'll just save my comment till I see how this works
    Just checked the preview, it looks good, haha, cool........fanx