Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    I dont have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    this is my processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.20Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by micro1000 Log in to see links
    is this processor Intel Pentium Dual Core T4300 (2.1GHz, FSB 800MHz, 1MB L2)
    better than yours?

The T4300 is weaker than the T7500 - the T7500 is a 2nd generation "CoreDuo" CPU (that is why it has a "2" in its name!
    The T7500 has 4MB cache compared to 1MB of the T4300 , I also think that the T7500 has more implemented instructions.

I would prefer the T7500 over an T4300 , at least try getting any kind of "Core2Duo" CPU rather than an "DuoCore / CoreDuo".

But what do I know , I am on an 5 year old Socket478 system , with a single core CPU sporting 512Kb Cache (0.5MB)!

OK, I found specs for both of them , interesting is that the T4300 seems to be never than the T7500 - but as I thought it misses Cache and instructions power.
    It isn't even listed under "DuoCore" but only "Pentium (with 2 cores)".
    It looks like a power saving line of mobile CPU's , probably meant to be cheaper too - what doesn't necessarily mean it to be a bad CPU!
    For a comparison take a look here:

3. Default

what about something with this:
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 3 MB L2, 1066 MHz FSB)

what about something with this:
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 3 MB L2, 1066 MHz FSB)
    That's what I'm talking about!
    The P8400 is a never mobile CPU generation and it got POWER!!!

Look here:

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wde_1978 Log in to see links
    That's what I'm talking about!
    The P8400 is a never mobile CPU generation and it got POWER!!!

Look here:
    thanks for the info so maybe ill get that

Good info wde_1978

7. Default

is Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium good for gaming and watching movies?

It is but if you can get Windows 7, get it .. cause it is a lot better than vista

Ive got vista home on the other laptop, think mine was home basic,i had no problems with vista,cant comment on games as my other laptop is crap for that.movies was fine.
    As for win7 its to expensive for what it is and i dont believe in downloading any OS illegally, ill stick with XPpro what am on now

is Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium good for gaming and watching movies?
    Well, I have Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I game and watch lots of movies on it and I can say it's not too bad. But then, if you can... get Windows 7. As Duje said, it's much better than Vista