Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    Scotland in the world cup? now that would be funny!

Ah the jealous scots, good luck in your friendly games and playing agaist teams like San Marino

beckham out the world cup

What a shame! This would be his last world cup

Unhappy

beckham out the world cup
    But, but he's not totally FUBAR, right?

At least a little chance?
    Keep Rocking, Game On.....
    Lord Buddha's Way Is The Path To Freedom, Enlightenment & Bliss...

My Blog: http://thechroniclesofaki.wordpress.com

Nope,out for 4 months + id say... this is what the surgeon who operated on beckham's ruptured Achilles tendon said...

Professor Sakari Orava will conduct a further examination on Tuesday, when a programme for rehabilitation will be finalised.

Orava, who carried out the procedure in Finland, said: "The operation went smoothly and nicely."

Asked whether Beckham would be able to play in the World Cup that starts on 11 June, Orava replied: "No, I don't think so... healing takes a long time.

"It is difficult to say how long the recovery period will be but I would guess it will be three or four months and for example for running it usually takes four or five months until one can do it properly."
    He wont play for England again now, its a shame for him, and even though only a fringe player for England, still a blow, his experience, crossing of the ball, we all know his qualities.

Unhappy

Nope,out for 4 months + id say... this is what the surgeon who operated on beckham's ruptured Achilles tendon said...

He wont play for England again now, its a shame for him, and even though only a fringe player for England, still a blow, his experience, crossing of the ball, we all know his qualities.
    Thats bad! Really bad!

I was looking forward to see him in action!
    Keep Rocking, Game On.....
    Lord Buddha's Way Is The Path To Freedom, Enlightenment & Bliss...

My Blog: http://thechroniclesofaki.wordpress.com

Default Use it, don't use it :)

8. Default

One and one only Brazil. The Final will be done between Spain and Brazil

Fifa hopes supermarkets will help to fill World Cup venues
    With around a third of tickets unsold, the organisers are setting up sales points in supermarkets in nine host cities
    The last ticket sales phase for the World Cup finals begins today with about a third of tickets still unsold and Fifa wanting to avoid the sight of large numbers of empty seats in stadiums during the tournament.

Seats are available for all matches and Fifa hopes to make it easier for South Africans to buy tickets by setting up cash sales points in supermarkets in the nine host cities. Until now, tickets could be purchased only via the internet or a ballot procedure at banks.

Those restrictions and high prices in comparison with the low incomes of many South Africans have led to sluggish ticket sales in the host nation, while foreign visitors have been discouraged by the cost and hassle of travel to and within the country as well as the fear of crime. Some tour operators have been forced to reduce prices because of low demand.

Last week, Fifa said that 2.2 million tickets have been sold out of a total of approximately three million. The first match is on June 11. About 300 tickets remain for the final. Fifa added an additional sales phase earlier in the year in a bid to stimulate demand. The governing body admitted earlier this year that the number of overseas visitors could prove more than a third lower than the original prediction of 450,000.

“We have always said that it is important that we make this World Cup more accessible to the people and with the over-the-counter sales, we believe this measure is consistent with the needs of the fans,” Danny Jordaan, the head of the South African organising committee, said.

Despite reports of disappointing sales in European nations such as Germany and the Netherlands, England will be well represented. The FA has sold about 23,000 tickets to supporters via the englandfans scheme and nearly 70,000 more have been bought by fans via the Fifa website. Almost everyone who applied for tickets via the FA has been successful.

Quote Originally Posted by vrchards Log in to see links
    One and one only Brazil. The Final will be done between Spain and Brazil
    Well, they would have to both win there groups for that to be possible, if either one dont, they would meet in the second round.

I backed 2006 winners Italy from the start , i honestly think if England can stay away from injuries we can bring it home,

footballs coming home